Lowrance Endura™ Out&Back, when is it coming out?

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Outdoo...ndura-Out-Back/

this looks like a great unit for the price, paperless too.

my questions are:

1) are these units ok for geocaching in canada too?

2) is lowrance similar quality to garmin, or should i stick with garmin?

3) when are they coming out.

thanks,

for $245.95CDN, it looks like a very good back for the buck, as long as it's a good unit.

Looks like a pretty nice unit. Stores up to 2,000 waypoints, and 3,000 caches, Takes up to a 32GB memory card. Seems to meet or exceed the Oregon's capabilities (until the Oregon 500 comes out), except there's no Wherigo player. Since it does have a touch screen, I'd want to see how the screen looks in direct sunlight before I opened my wallet.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Outdoo...ndura-Out-Back/

this looks like a great unit for the price, paperless too.

my questions are:

1) are these units ok for geocaching in canada too?

2) is lowrance similar quality to garmin, or should i stick with garmin?

3) when are they coming out.

thanks,

for $245.95CDN, it looks like a very good back for the buck, as long as it's a good unit.

I really like what I have researched on the unit !

well it looks like this is the one i'll be grabbing, when it comes out.

looks like a very nice unit for the price.

couldn't wait, bought a legend HCx bundle for $225CDN. i was a little worried getting a preorder and if it turned out to be a dud, i'd be kicking myself.

I absolutely love the Lowrance units, my first GPS was an iFinder M&M and I still use it to this day. Sat lock ons were usually quite a bit faster then my friends Garmin Rhino.

I bought my father an iFinder H2O and have been eagerly anticipating these new units...

I absolutely love the Lowrance units, my first GPS was an iFinder M&M and I still use it to this day. Sat lock ons were usually quite a bit faster then my friends Garmin Rhino.

I bought my father an iFinder H2O and have been eagerly anticipating these new units...

i worry about the touchscreen. i like my GPS to be covered in a case etc, so it doesn't scratch, especially with a 4y old helping find the caches.

couldn't wait, bought a legend HCx bundle for $225CDN. i was a little worried getting a preorder and if it turned out to be a dud, i'd be kicking myself.

Yea I hate waiting too, and this line is taking forever to get here :)

Good choice on the Legend HCx as an alternative, that's a great unit. But I hope you don't wind up still kicking yourself, <if/when> the Enduras are found to be awesome too B)

Yea I hate waiting too, and this line is taking forever to get here :)

Good choice on the Legend HCx as an alternative, that's a great unit. But I hope you don't wind up still kicking yourself, <if/when> the Enduras are found to be awesome too :D

it's from walmart, so i got like 90days to try it. i confirmed with the sporting goods manager.

so can the lowrance units accept topo maps like the GARMIN TOPO CANADA map and the IBYCUS free topo maps?

of do they use their own versions?

also, are they compatible with geocaching.com? when i connect my garmin, it only lists GARMIN and DELORME? i'm guessing you can but have to set them up somehow?

Edited by brucered