Relogging Caches with New Account

70C

Hi

What is the position with logging caches that I have already done with another account. I have been a member of GC.com for nearly a year but never been truely happy with my original username which was created in a hurry. I have nearly 500 finds to my old account so revisiting caches would be a pain.

I have now come up with a new name and registered it and want to re-log all the caches I have done (yes I'm quite happy to do that). What's the general rule for this? Do I need to post my original log along with a note I'm relogging it as part of a name change (giving details of original name)?

How does this work with Earthcaches, puzzles etc that required pictures or answers to a puzzle etc?

Appreciate some advice on this.

Regards

70C

Shame.

Had you not registered the new name, an email to Groundspeak would have got the old name account changed to the new name, with all finds and TB's logged to the new name.

When you log the cache with the new name, yes, state "logging with new name", and logging at the same date helps.

May be worth reading the thread below: Splitting an Account, there are a few suggestions that may help speed up the re-logging for you.

Slow forums -again!

Shame.

Had you not registered the new name, an email to Groundspeak would have got the old name account changed to the new name, with all finds and TB's logged to the new name.

When you log the cache with the new name, yes, state "logging with new name", and logging at the same date helps.

May be worth reading the thread below: Splitting an Account, there are a few suggestions that may help speed up the re-logging for you.

Slow forums -again!

Thanks. I had been advised by other cachers just to go down the route of relogging. At least this way if I have any issues I can always revert back to my original account. Logging shouldn't take me too long. I was just more worried cache owners may reject the relogs, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

And yes forums are very slow tonight!

Shame.

The name can still be changed even if you have created another account in that name. It is slightly more complex, but just explain the situation when you make contact. I know that it can be done as I was in exactly this position when I changed from Phillimore Clan.

Edited by Mad H@ter

I was just more worried cache owners may reject the relogs, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I think most cache owners would let a re-log stand, if they know the reason.

A family local to me recently had the son set up his own account, and he re-logged all the caches with "Found with cachers XXXX re-logging under my own account" on all the caches the family found. He also has "son of cacher XXXX" on his profile page, as a confirmation.

I've also seen "re-logging -name changed" on a few caches.

As a cache owner I have no problem with a cache being re-logged, so long as I can confirm -somehow- that that cacher has found it!

(I changed my user name -There's around 500 caches out there without "Bear and Ragged" signed in the log book!)