Midwest Geobash 2009

The Moop Along

With Geowoodstock VII looming large, it's time for me to start planning the next event. What event might you ask? The largest event in the Midwest of course:

Midwest Geobash

For those of you not able to join us at the event, here's your chance to participate. This year we will be holding a silent auction to defray the costs of the event as it grows. If you are interested in donating geocoins to our silent auction, I am the main contact. I will be running the vendor building and flea market, and helping Jellyfish with the actual silent auction.

I can't promise you a real nice fancy sponsor webpage like Shop99er does for Spring Fling, nor can I promise you riches and glory. However, I will promise that for each auction lot, we will have a display describing the donation AND the person/company/team donating it.

We want to thank you in advance for your help and support of this year's Bash!

The Moop Along

Midwest Geocaching Foundation

I haven't donated for things like this before. If one is wishing to do so, are you looking for a few coins or a few dozen to be donated?

We take what people are willing to give. Midwest Geobash is put on by a group of non-profit volunteers, and all proceeds go back into the event. Some people give 1 coin, some people give more. It's much appreciated no matter what.

TMA

I haven't donated for things like this before. If one is wishing to do so, are you looking for a few coins or a few dozen to be donated?

We take what people are willing to give. Midwest Geobash is put on by a group of non-profit volunteers, and all proceeds go back into the event. Some people give 1 coin, some people give more. It's much appreciated no matter what.

TMA

Thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering myself how many I needed to send to contribute. I have just a little (but growing!) collection, but I'll be sending a couple. Have a great event! :anitongue:

Also being a non-profit angry mob... I mean nice and hard working volunteers which is the Shop99er Event Crew..... having the coin community donate what ever they can to help defray the cost of an event is one of the most important things we can do to help out.

It's not the companies or corporations who are donating a lot of items for raffles and auctions. They don't! It's us, the coin community. That one coin donation is no less important than that dozen coin donation. I know this first hand and I know what a huge difference it makes.

We've had lots of people support our events and we're happy to help others with their events. A package of coins will be in the mail for you this week.

can't go to this one, but as an aside, a midwest geobash 2007 coin recently showed up in a cache near my house. My wife loved the duck. Is the duck a tradition for the coins every year, or was that just a one time shot?

The Bash has a different mascot each year.

05 Flamingo

06 Penguin

07 Duck

08 Pirate Parrot

This is the Year of the Cowboy Chicken!!!

I'll be giving my booty (coins that is) to Jellyfish!

can't go to this one, but as an aside, a midwest geobash 2007 coin recently showed up in a cache near my house. My wife loved the duck. Is the duck a tradition for the coins every year, or was that just a one time shot?

This is the Year of the Cowboy Chicken!!!

I'll be giving my booty (coins that is) to Jellyfish!

Cool :unsure:

I haven't been posting here enough, but I have been getting a package here and there. If you're worried that yours showed up or not, email me directly. Everything that showed up so far has been repackaged for dropoff at the event with your caching name on it.

Thanks to everyone who has sent something so far.

TMA