ICON COINTEST

forthferalz

Can you make an icon for my glasscoin and win a mystery prize? I don't necessarily want an animal or blue icon although my first glass coin design looks like this - ce548034-e31b-4e50-8302-3793177db186.jpg

more piccies here

Design must be square, in gif format, 32x32 pixels and a 16x16 version are needed.

Edited by forthferalz

Too bad that I do not know how to make icons and especially in these sizes!

But, I will give you my idea! :D

your coins are so beautiful, and actually reminds me the small round most of the times pieces of glass that ancient Greeks had to play games! Many of these were parts of the toys children had, before Christ, and many times archeologists find piles of them in children's graves! they had variety of colors, but most of them were blue, or clear glass what was turning in a green like color! rarelly there were brown!

Just imagine your coins without the design of the frog or the lizard! :D

Now my idea! I have the feeling that when someone is thinking of your coin, the design that comes to his mind is the blue with the frog!

I believe that your coin with the frog is a nice icon for your coins!

If it doesn't show good in the small icon, you can just put the frog design alone! :D

I do not know if my entry will count, but I hope I helped a little! :huh:

Why do you need them as Jpeg? If I convert and save as a Jpg I will loss color and clarity.

you're right - gif is better! Dunno why my stuff always starts life as a jpg - perhaps that's why I can't get a glassy look!

I know you said you didn't need an animal, but I thought you'd might like to see it.

FIcon-1.gif

FIcon16-1.gif

FIcon32-1.gif

Now the JPG

FIcon.jpg

FIcon16.jpg

FIcon32.jpg

Let me know if you have something more in design ideas. Like a stain glass window. You could go crazy with designs, but 32 and 16 pixel mean a lot less area for detail.

edc37d2b-a3c0-4ea9-80d8-5cd707569ae9.jpg

I just threw this together in a hurry. I am not sure if the size is right. I think the G needs to be a little bit bigger.

This is not a cointest entry. Just an idea I had from your glass coins that I did with the "Paint" program on my computer.

edc37d2b-a3c0-4ea9-80d8-5cd707569ae9.jpg

I just threw this together in a hurry. I am not sure if the size is right. I think the G needs to be a little bit bigger.

This is not a cointest entry. Just an idea I had from your glass coins that I did with the "Paint" program on my computer.

it's ok -you can enter! And yeah the G needs to be a lot bigger - it will come out the size of OTT's stuff -see previous post.

on a general note - I am an apple mac lady and i love their glassy desktop icons :P

1. glossies can be made in the free program inkscape. lots of free tutorials - they don'tquitework i think on a mac or i needed a ram upgrade which i have just got but i haven't knuckled down to it again yet.

2. this is the waaaaaiiiiting :) for a glass cointest so it finishes in about 3 weeks when the delivery starts ( i need an emoticon for praaying )

3. eartha if you are holding back because of any unwritten moderators law imho fine sentiment but if you can bench press 300kg reckon you can lift the 30kg

- i really can't imagine a conflict of interest if we trust u to moderate the wholelist we must trust you to enter a cointest

3. eartha if you are holding back because of any unwritten moderators law imho fine sentiment but if you can bench press 300kg reckon you can lift the 30kg

- i really can't imagine a conflict of interest if we trust u to moderate the wholelist we must trust you to enter a cointest

Not holding back because of any guideline. I don't enter because I *GASP* :):blink: don't collect geocoins, although I do have a box full of them here.

If I wanted to enter, I would enter under my player account.

Here's my go at it. I made one 32x32 and two 16x16. When will this cointest be over?

glass32.gif

glass16_1.gif

glass16_2.gif

I don't think I could top this. Great job, Dimi!

Dimkasmir's would probably be perfect if it just had a Geocaching "G" on it instead of a turtle, ĉu ne?

Like this? :(

glass32_g.gif

glass16_g.gif

Here's my go at it. I made one 32x32 and two 16x16. When will this cointest be over?

glass32.gif

glass16_1.gif

glass16_2.gif

I don't think I could top this. Great job, Dimi!

Dimkasmir's would probably be perfect if it just had a Geocaching "G" on it instead of a turtle, ĉu ne?

Like this? :(

glass32_g.gif

glass16_g.gif

Why yes -- perfect! 'Course, my opinion doesn't really matter here, but I really like your icons and hope that fourthferalz puts them high on the list for consideration. : )

Here's something I whipped up thinking about the glossy icons you like, while trying to capture the glass texture you have in your coins. these are the bases, I could imagine putting any little black icon on them you'd like. Also, it's easy to change the color if there's something else you'd prefer.

iconbase.png

rediconbase.png

iconbase16.png

Here's something I whipped up thinking about the glossy icons you like, while trying to capture the glass texture you have in your coins. these are the bases, I could imagine putting any little black icon on them you'd like. Also, it's easy to change the color if there's something else you'd prefer.

iconbase.png

rediconbase.png

iconbase16.png

1. :D what about putting the leatherman variant G logo on it? I like blue best -or can we have rainbow?

2. thx everyone! all entries have been fun to see but not sure where some of the photos on photobucket have gone to? Sorry i didn't save copies! NB opalsns i love your entry but it absolutely needs to be square and fit those sizes of 16x16 and 32x32 pixels

3.and yeah it's getting on, everything is with the studio - the i'll check again for an ETA on completion of manufacture and first deliveries and report back

I have no talent in designing icons and this is my first time, so i don't know how to turn it into the right size.

I thought, why not use a light-blue(like the turtle) hexagon on black ground with the symbol in white in the middle.

infd2im8.jpg

110609215725_ICON1.jpg

The quality on the online-uploader is not so good, so if you want the original, contact me :)

bwahaha you didn't see mine! shamelesscrosspromotion ... although I'm a lot better with paintshop pro than a few weeks ago when we first got it - a month to crack how to draw a colourfilled circle so I have the australia 2009 draft done.

Just noticed ANNE yours need to be made into GIF format and any chnce they can fill the square edge to edge ( exceptfor the rounded corners) Prefer on a clear background rather than white + please check it against a dark background just in case sometimes the jaggies muck it up depending on how you drew it.

I can imagine cheating a bit andusing onelogo for the big icon and the other design for thesmall

have emailed for help choosing

there's still time for intries - rules didn'tsay i couldn't enter meself . just testing this

freeware online icon maker - http://www.rw-designer.com/online_icon_maker.php

just FYI this looks totally easy and useful for $30 if one wanted lots of custom icons for a website

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/icon...s/png2icon.html

A little software tool lets you convert from PNG to Windows or Mac OS X icon formats without losing any quality. Png2Icon uses advanced resampling filters, what allows you to create very good icons from any images. It supports Windows Vista 256x256 icons with alpha channel and Tiger Mac OS X icons. Now you can create Mac OS X or Windows Vista icons easily.

Edited by forthferalz

I'm still in the minors, LOL!!

Windows98 0n a 10 year old HP.

NOTHING is compatable with my system!!!!Not even the Kodak I just bought. I had my brother take my SD card and he's going to mail my pics!!!!

I can't wait to get a new computer. There is so much I'm missing out there!!!!!!! I'll be in icon heaven!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

I'm still in the minors, LOL!!

Windows98 0n a 10 year old HP.

NOTHING is compatable with my system!!!!Not even the Kodak I just bought. I had my brother take my SD card and he's going to mail my pics!!!!

I can't wait to get a new computer. There is so much I'm missing out there!!!!!!! I'll be in icon heaven!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

oh that platform manages to be incompatible even with itself! but I love old computers and old games - we rescued a couple of win98's to replace my one so i could relive the joys of troubleshooting for days at a time. Funny that I drew my first coins AND their icons on a free app which ain't much better than Paint.

Windows 98 Inkscape Download Free

22 Jan 2008 ... Windows 98 Inkscape is vector graphics editor program, with capabilities similar to the Freehand, Xara X, Illustrator or CorelDraw.

en.utilidades-utiles.com/download-inkscape-windows-98.php

It's actually the complicatedwhiz bang new paintshop that had me soooo frustrated - it's not particularly intuitive if you can't just make a coloured ball straight up without resorting to a webcrawl for a tutorial. Does any one know how to swap black for white using Paintshop pro? or inkscape or anything because that's where glass coin 2 design is stuck .... help.

Congrats Anne,

Definatly the bes choice.

LLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE the pendant!!!!!!!!!

I watched a lady on a craft show take a cabachon and bead around itand up the sides to "Frame " the stone, very similar to this, and If that is how you did it, wow, that's ALOT of work. My fingers hurt watching the show!!!!!!

Great Job all around but I am ANXIOUS to get mine. Now I don't know if I want to wire wrap it or bead it????

Opalsns