MWGB Egg

MWGB_Egg

I like eggs a lot!

I eat them in many different ways!

Of course, my best 2 are these:

1) You boil the eggs then you clean them from the shell, and you cut them in 4 (pieces that look like half moon...). you take the yellow part out and you leave the white in the plate!

You put the yellow parts in a small bowl with mustard, mayonese and rockford cheese! you make all that a mixt (the yellow parts of the eggs are turned into tiny pieces) and then with a small spoon, you put this mix on the white parts of the egg, in the place the yellow part was!

If you like, you can put above some paprica powder!

Taste it and you will see!!! ;)

2) The second one was my favorite when I was a child! Ok, it is not very healthy but it is nice!!! :laughing:

Take the yellow part of an egg (the egg is as it is, not cooked) put it in a tea cup and put 2 spoons of sugar on it! put a small spoon in the cup and start whisk the egg & the sugar together! make sure that with the spoon, you will "break" the most of the sugar so you will not feel it a lot!

When everything will ge a yellow mix, put cocoa in it and if you do not like the smell of the egg, put some brandy too! Not a lot of brandy!!! Just to "break" the smell and the taste of the egg!

start the whisk again with the spoon, until the mixter started making bubbles while you are doing the whisk!

It is ready to eat! It is delicius and actually it is almost a full meal!! :D

Sorry for any mistakes in translation, spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes etc! :D

the egg is as it is, not cooked

:laughing: gonna have to pass on that one, I think, even with the chocolate and brandy!

I never liked eggs until I was on a three day canoe/camping trip a few years ago, and that's what they served for breakfast. When you've paddled your little arms off the previous day even scrambled eggs taste good. I prefer omelets, with lots of hot salsa to disguise the egg taste, but I still eat scrambled eggs once in a while.

:laughing: gonna have to pass on that one, I think, even with the chocolate and brandy!

I never liked eggs until I was on a three day canoe/camping trip a few years ago, and that's what they served for breakfast. When you've paddled your little arms off the previous day even scrambled eggs taste good. I prefer omelets, with lots of hot salsa to disguise the egg taste, but I still eat scrambled eggs once in a while.

:( gonna have to pass on that one, I think, even with the chocolate and brandy!

:unsure::blink::ph34r:

Wait - the question from MWGB Egg is "How do you like your eggs?" and most people are stating how they like to EAT the unborn, unfertilized, once potential relatives of MWGB Egg?!?!? :unsure::blink: Frankly I find that rather disturbing....

CF30

I guess the best way to have my MWGB eggs are in my display case next to my Shadow coins!

I like eggs a lot!

I eat them in many different ways!

Of course, my best 2 are these:

1) You boil the eggs then you clean them from the shell, and you cut them in 4 (pieces that look like half moon...). you take the yellow part out and you leave the white in the plate!

You put the yellow parts in a small bowl with mustard, mayonese and rockford cheese! you make all that a mixt (the yellow parts of the eggs are turned into tiny pieces) and then with a small spoon, you put this mix on the white parts of the egg, in the place the yellow part was!

If you like, you can put above some paprica powder!

Taste it and you will see!!! :P

2) The second one was my favorite when I was a child! Ok, it is not very healthy but it is nice!!! :ph34r:

Take the yellow part of an egg (the egg is as it is, not cooked) put it in a tea cup and put 2 spoons of sugar on it! put a small spoon in the cup and start whisk the egg & the sugar together! make sure that with the spoon, you will "break" the most of the sugar so you will not feel it a lot!

When everything will ge a yellow mix, put cocoa in it and if you do not like the smell of the egg, put some brandy too! Not a lot of brandy!!! Just to "break" the smell and the taste of the egg!

start the whisk again with the spoon, until the mixter started making bubbles while you are doing the whisk!

It is ready to eat! It is delicius and actually it is almost a full meal!! :(

Sorry for any mistakes in translation, spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes etc! :(

These remind me of two of my favorite egg dishes

Deviled Eggs & Eggnog, but of course not together! LOL

Thanks for the cointest!!

Sorry I am late, but Matilda would not leave.

I was thinking more like on a down feather pillow or maybe in an incubators. But I see the way you people think, so I am warning the coop to be carful of their real eggs.

We have placed all of the posts in the nest and the winner is Crowesfeat30.

Thank you all for posting and Congradualation to Crowesfeat30.

Sorry I am late, but Matilda would not leave.

I was thinking more like on a down feather pillow or maybe in an incubators. But I see the way you people think, so I am warning the coop to be carful of their real eggs.

We have placed all of the posts in the nest and the winner is Crowesfeat30.

Thank you all for posting and Congradualation to Crowesfeat30.

I won?!?! :( How cool is that? :( Thank you very much! You made my day. :unsure::blink::ph34r: E-mail sent with address.

CF30

OK – Time for another cointest!

The coop has the ultimate answer to the age old question, “Which came first, the egg or the Cowboy Chicken...”. Your quest is to also answer the question. The first person to answer the question correctly with a reasonable explanation will receive a copper MWGB egg; the remainder correct answers will be put into a nest and randomly chosen for a nickel MWGB egg.

Rules:

Rules:

1. One entry per cacher per 12 hours

2. Yinz have until Monday (6-8) 7 pm MWGB time

3. A hint will be given each evening around 10 pm MWGB time (Give or take an hour - you know us eggs have no sense of time)

4. I am the judge and my rulings are final.

I'm thinking the egg came first, but this sweet little lady has been around for a while, too. May I please introduce: Acey (b. 1964), the mascot for Arctic Circle Drive-In Restaurants. I believe it was actually Acey's delicious eggs that originally drew folks to the restaurants, thus earning her her place as mascot and securing her place in chicken history.

adacey.jpg

:lol: I have mention it before here! :o

Even if scientists are still confused, most probably....

The egg came first! Chickens are birds, and birds is the closest relative of Dinosaures! The sceletons of birds show some similarities with the Dino ones!!

Except that, dinos were the first who even developted feathers! Some were flying too (Pterosaur pterodactyls)!

Of course just because the inviroment was changing they were changing too, so they could survive!

Small sized dinos started changing, their bones started being lighter and lighter some of the body structure chacged, feathers came out and birds were created!

Of course the changing started a long time ago, ok? Remember that even we are still changing! (yes!)

Dinosaures were laying eggs!!!

So the egg exists before the chicken comes!

Now, as I mention, chicken's great grand father is a dino!

Since dinos had eggs, the changings were taking place when a new generation was coming out....from eggs!

According to this theory, the chicken was born from a dino egg!

This thing didn't happent fast!!!

We are talking about generations and generations.... thousands of years of changing!!!

Sorry if my spelling is not correct, at least I hope to be understandable! :P It is not very easy to write about that in an other language! :D

Thank you for the cointest!!! :mad:

In case you want more about chickens and dinos...

Protein shows chicken’s dino heritage - April 25, 2008

Analysis of a protein from Tyrannosaurus Rex confirms that our modern chickens really are descendants the closest living relatives of the fearsome beast. The finding has divided opinion over whether it means we should have more respect for the humble chicken, or whether we should instead look down on T. Rex for its pathetic, distant offspring relation.*

“We determined that T. rex, in fact, grouped with birds – ostrich and chicken – better than any other organism that we studied,” says John Asara, of the Harvard Medical School (press release). “We also showed that it groups better with birds than modern reptiles, such as alligators and green anole lizards.”

Although it is generally accepted that dinosaurs’ closest living relatives are birds, up to now this has generally depended on analysis of skeletons, although last year some of the same team reported extracting protein from T. Rex and finding it was pretty similar to the collagen of chickens (Nature).

The whole article can be found here:

http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyon...ns_dino_he.html

Please consider this as part of my previous post! :lol:

Wikipedia says: The Theory of Evolution says that species change over time in the process of evolution. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken egg. In this light, both the egg and the chicken evolved simultaneously from birds who weren't chickens and didn't lay chicken eggs but gradually became more and more like chickens over time.

So i would say the egg was first :lol::D:mad:

Well, personally I'm not a believer in the theory of evolution so therefore I find the question to be incredibly easy to answer. Obviously the chicken came first! The reason is that everybody knows an egg needs a hen to sit on it and incubate it. Therefore, if the egg came first there would not have been a chicken to sit on it and incubate it. With no chicken to incubate the egg it would have not survived and the chicken species would not have developed. :lol:

Wikipedia says: The Theory of Evolution says that species change over time in the process of evolution. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken egg. In this light, both the egg and the chicken evolved simultaneously from birds who weren't chickens and didn't lay chicken eggs but gradually became more and more like chickens over time.

So i would say the egg was first :lol::D:mad:

I have to go with this logic, so my answer is the egg came first. Thanks for the cointest!

Well, for us penguins that question is easy peasy as my daughter would say.

The answer is neither!! LOL there is no such thing as a cowboy chicken, only cowboys who eat chickens. And we are creationists so there is no way the egg came first. lol. First there was the chicken and roosters...the hens lay the eggs, roosters fertilize them.

The cowboy came along and discovered eggs and chickens were good eats and scrambled the eggs and fried the chickens. :lol:

Hmm..... you were talking about chicken cowboy!!!! :laughing:

I thought you were talking about chickens generally!

I believe the egg came first!

I do not know who you really are, ok? :D

I believe that you were trying to make east egg coins and while you were coloring them a design came in your mind.... why not put a chicken holding a GPS? It will look like the chicken is searching for the right cache to lay her egg coins!!! :laughing:

when you finished the design, you realized that the chicke wing was like it was pulling out a gun and was ready to fine... just like western films (John Wayne??? :P ).... so you put a cowboy hat and the gun belt for fun! you loved the idea but now you had to change something.... :laughing:

At that time, cowboy chicken was born! :P

The lonesome cowboy chicken who sreads justise in the world and eggs in caches! :)

The cowboy chicken who is faster, in droping mystery eggs, from her on shadow!!! :)

The egg came first. Each year, the Midwest Geobash (MWGB) has a different mascot. In 2005, it was the Flamingo. In 2006, it was the Penguin. In 2007, it was the Duck. In 2008, it was the Pirate Parrot. In 2009, it is the Cowboy Chicken.

WOW!!! Really??? and each year they had coins with the mascot on them??? If yes... that's cool!!!! :laughing:

The egg came first. Each year, the Midwest Geobash (MWGB) has a different mascot. In 2005, it was the Flamingo. In 2006, it was the Penguin. In 2007, it was the Duck. In 2008, it was the Pirate Parrot. In 2009, it is the Cowboy Chicken.

WOW!!! Really??? and each year they had coins with the mascot on them??? If yes... that's cool!!!! :laughing:

I found that on a quick search. Hope I'm right. That is pretty cool, huh?

Ok...off to take a shower now, and then eat some lunch with the family. Have a good evening, Gatoulis (I'm guessing witht he time difference that it is getting dark where you are? It is noon here in the eastern US.

Howdy Pardners,

I'm gonna say , the Chicken came first. it was a new event and it needed a new mascot.

Maybe The Ohio Poultry Association was an influence, but the chicken was chosen.

Now this chosen chicken needed an image, you know , someting that would make the chosen chicken stand out. Since this was the mid WEST event, it was decided chosen chicken would Represent with the right Attire, that attire being... The Cowboy Look.

With that change being made, why not take it all the way and put that chosen chicken cowboy in an egg instead of the normal coin shapes.

So , there you have it!!!!!!

The Chosen Chicken Cowboy Came First.

( do cowboy chickens lay eggs? )

Thanx for the cointest

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

I found that on a quick search. Hope I'm right. That is pretty cool, huh?

Ok...off to take a shower now, and then eat some lunch with the family. Have a good evening, Gatoulis (I'm guessing witht he time difference that it is getting dark where you are? It is noon here in the eastern US.

:laughing: I just came back! :D well... right now it is 21:20! :P Have a nice time my friend! :laughing:

The egg came first!!!

An egg was shown on the MWGB Bridge coin in 2007. The cowboy chicken doesn't show up until 2009 so it has to be the egg first!!!! :laughing: Hey this is a cointest and these are colorful coins.... That my story and I'm sticking to it (at least until I guess again)

Hmm... I think the egg came first! I have seen geocoin eggs (easter eggs) before cowboy chicken! I do not know if MWGB had egg geocoins before!

Now... every year, as a mascot for MWGB they choose a bird! This time it was the chicken!

I am wondering why! In all western movies, there were fights and duels! If you were afraid you were a chicken....

On the other hand..... as a panishment of bad guys, it was pitch & feathers! They sure looked like chickens!!! :laughing:

The theme of this event is western theme.. I do not know how to explain... cowboy theme! So, you dressed the chicken as a cowboy and the cowboy chicken was born! You put it on an egg shaped coin as a reference of the chicken!

Ok, with what I say, it looks like the Cowboy chicken came first, but... as I said, there were egg coins before the event!!! :D

New day and another idea.

The egg came first.

Here is the rationalization since the event coins tell a story. The flamingo (2005) and the duck (2007) mated and the duck laid an egg. From that egg hatched a chicken--the cowboy chicken that is. On that coin the duck has such a funny look on its face and the rear end looks like she has been kicked and I bet its because she just laid an egg! Labor is called labor for a reason ya know. LOL I'm sticking to these colorful stories for sure ;)

The EGG came before the Cowboy Chicken.

The egg shape was thought of back when the Flamingo Idea was hatched, but wasn't used.

When deciding on this years coin, old notes from past events came out and there was a reminder of the egg. Maybe a Golden egg was thought of ,and then other colored metal that would look good on an egg.

Opalsns

Hi all!

This must have been a trick question! As there were only one correct answer. They must be able to think outside the egg. The winner is anne.and.eli! The egg has never been the mascot, the flamingo was first. I though my last clue would have given it away.

Thanks for all who guessed! The coop has had fun. I hope you did also.

So The cowboy Chicken and the egg shape decision came at the same time???

I thought The question was What came first, The Egg or The Cowboy Chicken. LOL!!!!!

Sheesh, I gotta make my cointests trickier.!! HHMMMMMMmmmmm!!!

Congrats to anne.and.eli for their win. And thinkin' outside the egg!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns