NEW COIN: Orca

surteb

I am proud to announce my newest coin:

Orca

Orca Majestic (RE)

Orca-RE-1.gif

They are Copper plated, Imitation Hard Enamel with Translucent colors and will have a maximum minting of 150 coins. They are $8.25 and are available for purchase here.

Orca Emerald (LE)

Orca-LE-1.gif

They are Black Nickel plated, Imitation Hard Enamel with Translucent colors and will have a maximum minting of 75 coins. They are $8.75 and are available for purchase here.

Orca Shimmer (AE)

OrcaAE.jpg

They are Gold plated, Imitation Hard Enamel with Glitter colors and will have a maximum minting of 25 coins. They are only available through a trade with me, so please send an email if you're interested.

All coins are 1.75" in diameter and are 3mm thick. They are trackable and have a unique icon: OrcaIcon32X32.gif

I hope everyone enjoys this coin! I would also like to extend a special thanks to Tsun who helped guide me through all the translucent color choices and offered some great advice about color and metal combos. Thanks Tsun!

You really need to put the photo's you had posted in here somewhere where they are still viewable so that people can see what this coin is please.

I also clear off old pictures from my photobucket account...you can find photos of the coin on most geocoin trading sites....check out my link at the bottom...I have a picture of the LE version.

ILYK

You really need to put the photo's you had posted in here somewhere where they are still viewable so that people can see what this coin is please.

I also clear off old pictures from my photobucket account...you can find photos of the coin on most geocoin trading sites....check out my link at the bottom...I have a picture of the LE version.

Thanks for that. So that is what it looks like.

Problem is these forums are "for ever"... or a long time at least - in theory. And anything posted in to them should be preserved for the duration of the forums. Otherwise you have the potential to loose the complete picture (pun not intended).

Problem is these forums are "for ever"... or a long time at least - in theory. And anything posted in to them should be preserved for the duration of the forums. Otherwise you have the potential to loose the complete picture (pun not intended).

Nice in theory but the pictures are not loaded to the forum. You have to upload them to an external site.

Nice in theory but the pictures are not loaded to the forum. You have to upload them to an external site.

That's why i load mine to geocaching.com, figure these forums will cease before that site...

This announcement is more than a year old. Sorry you missed out. That's what you get for taking a break from coining!

"That's what you get...?" :sad::shocked::angry:

Lately I have been purchasing a number of geocoins that are older than my history with geocaching. The old coin threads in this forum covering the original release have proved invaluable for information regarding front and back design, designer, finishes, minting numbers, original purchase price, age and even the back story behind the coin. Rarely do trading sites offer more than a small blurry photo of one or two versions and very little information. Many coins don't even make the trading site's list. Between the geocoin forums and, occasionally, personal collection web pages, I have been able to uncover most of the information sought. Even for some of the earliest geocoins. Thank you to the vast majority of the designers that have continued to keep their coin's history intact, even long after they may have left geocaching in some cases.

I think keewee is trying to compile a catalog of geocoin images, rather than looking to order.

Correct - I wasn't out to order one, I wanted to see a picture of one to clear up what the coin looked like.

Eartha - you're the second person lately to suggest I'm putting together (or should be putting together) a catalog of coins! :o:laughing::laughing: :laughing:

I think keewee is trying to compile a catalog of geocoin images, rather than looking to order.

<snip>

Eartha - you're the second person lately to suggest I'm putting together (or should be putting together) a catalog of coins! :o:laughing::laughing: :laughing:

Well, I was thinking along the lines of a personal catalog, but hey, if you want to take it on! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

<snip>

Well, I was thinking along the lines of a personal catalog, but hey, if you want to take it on! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - NOOOooooooooooooo