Y.A.S.S.!

mousekakat

I'm glad it made your day! It's made mine too to be able to play a small part in brightening your day. I'm assuming I "won" my full order and if so then what is your preference of color of your Neptunes Compass? If I only got a partial order accepted then I'm sorry but I'll reserve the right to decide which you recieve, but I will try my best to accomodate your wishes. Don't forget please make sure your address is correct in the address book.

To everybody else good luck on finding folks who are willing to trade. If I got my full order there's a good chance we can do something like this again. Sorry I can't make everybody happy, but that's really impossible to do when coins are in that great of demand and the seller has to implement buying restrictions.

Be nice to each other and trade fairly! :laughing:

Wow, missed out on the sale AND the cointest! :laughing:

I was at church today cooking brunch for the ladies in the congregation for a Pre-Mother's Day celebration. Then my wife and I went shopping for tile and paint to refinish the bathroom my 2 year old daughter destroyed by leaving the tap on. :anibad: I didn't figure I'd get away with sneaking off to find a computer to get in on the sale.

Congrats to FScout! Enjoy the coin.

... Happy caching and may you find something to brighten your day in your mailbox!!! :laughing:

oh my, thank you so much secret sender! the coin you sent is truly beautiful and even though you said i could sell it to help walter the car, the sentiment that accompanied the coin and its own inherent beauty means its a keeper.

walter is supposed to be finished, well at least the first set of repairs, this week.

thank you again!

lara

Just a heads up for those that weren't able to get a Neptunes Compass at the big sale today. I've received my invoice from Tsun and based on the total I'm now sure I did get my full order approved. So in about 3 weeks I will give away one more of them. Of course that means that FScout will be receiving her Caribbean Neptunes Compass that she won earlier today. Hers will be mailed very shortly after I receive them.

I am purposely going to hold off a fair amount of time to let people make their best trades and let the market kind of stabilize. I'm pretty new around here but from what I've read over the last couple months I get the impression that newer coin collectors may be at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to trading since they may not have any coins yet that are in demand by other coiners. So my goal is to see if we can get a Neptunes Compass to one of those type of folks.

Although my goal is to help a newer collector get one anybody who has not made arrangements to get a Neptunes Compass by that cointest date will be eligible and welcome to enter. There will only be 1 more coin I can give away so if you can make a trade I'd suggest you do so since if you hold out for this one coin you may not be able to get a trade later.

I'm sure she won't mind, but since FScout won a Neptunes Compass today she will not be allowed to participate in the next cointest. Also, I will make sure and unlike today I will post a notice of the upcoming cointest at least 72 hours before it takes place so everybody will have advance notice next time. I'll also think of something different for the correct answer for the cointest. I'll provide details when I give the 72 hour notice of the cointest.

Sorry I wish I could do more than just the one more coin, but that will be all I can part with in this manner. Good luck to everybody working on getting a trade together! :laughing:

Edited by Y.A.S.S.!

After i missed the todays cointest i will do my best to take part in the next and win it :anibad::blink::D

I could really use such a great coin to make me smile, after i broke my foot :laughing:

It´s good that you post a notice 72 hours before...

Best regards

Dark Elf

Edited by Dark Elf

After i missed the todays cointest i will do my best to take part in the next and win it :anibad::blink::D

I could really use such a great coin to make me smile, after i broke my foot :laughing:

It´s good that you post a notice 72 hours before...

Best regards

Dark Elf

Edited by Dark Elf

You are Secret Sender

Maybe you recieve a coin from a secret sender, with some sort of info card that stated that you are now a secret sender & will need to secretly send a coin to someone else with the info card. And so on & so on.....

Now this sounds like a brilliant idea :anitongue: - I like the way you think The Saint :lol:

Congratulations to everyone who has received a mystery coin, and thank you Y.A.S.S.! for bringing some joy to the world. You are So Special! :)

Yesterday, I received a lovely coin and letter from YASS. What a wonderful and thoughtful person this is, wanting only to share joy with others, and without recognition. What a blessing! Thank you so much, YASS, for definitely brightening my day, and for putting smiles on others' faces as well!

Here is the coin that I was given:

2008Xmas-A.jpg

2008Xmas-Bprivate.jpg

I received my Neptunes Compass Caribbean coin this weekend from Y.A.S.S. Oh MY, it is beautiful! Thank you so much Y.A.S.S. I missed the sale, but now I have one because of you. What you are doing is very kind and thoughtful. I will cherish my coin. Your mother was right, you are someone special. Just know you put a big long lasting smile on my face.

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail today from Y.A.S.S.. I received the 2009 South Wales geocachers coin and a green Todie's Wild Ride coin to release for Todie's Wild Ride. Thank you so very much. I am keeping the 2009 South Wales coin to always remind myself I am someone special and that it came from someone who thinks I am special.

I have the Todie's Wild Ride coin activated and named it Todie's WIld Ride;You Are Someone Special and hope it travels far. Reminding all that picks it up that they are special and to please pay attention.

Thank you so very much. It made me feel special and thank you for thinking of me.

e44bc351-4450-47ed-b991-87a87320d79c.jpg

Greetings all,

I am fairly new to geocaching and very new to the Forums. I am quite pleased and amazed to be blessed by Y.A.S.S.'s having added me to the special group of people who recieved the gift of a very beautiful coin. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! This coin will remain with me for those times when I need to remember its message and to share with others. I will try to post a picture. Have not attempted to upload(?) pics, so don't be surprised if it takes me a bit to figure it out!!

Y.A.S.S., I am embarrassed to say I am unsure what language is printed on the coin. Would you (or someone else) please translate?? The obverse is: ^MECKLENBURG- VORPOMMERN^ wat en nich in kopp hett, dat mutt he in de Been hebben! The reverse is: DM^GU^LWL^MST^MUR^NVP^NWM^OVP^PCH^RUG^UER^HGW^NB^HRO^SN^HST^HWI^DBR

Thanks, also, to your Mother --she "done good" in raising such a thoughtful person!! Congrats to all the other reciepents, as well. I hope Y.A.S.S. has someone just as special to share life's blessings with. Now, I am going to call my Mom before her shows start!!

Oh, I was so thrilled with recieving the coin, I almost went to our monthly Sittin' Round Talkin' Cache tonight which is (only) two days early!!!! Safe and happy caching to all...Kelly

I recieved a very nice gift in the mail today from Y.A.A.S. and it is one of my treasures now. Thank you to him/her for being such a lovely person!

It was such a nice gesture this morning that I really did not know what to say or how to say my thanks. Isn't just great that we have such great people. I think the Y.A.A.S is very clever and the letter will remain with the coin. I am so blessed to have met such nice people!

Greetings all,

I am fairly new to geocaching and very new to the Forums. I am quite pleased and amazed to be blessed by Y.A.S.S.'s having added me to the special group of people who recieved the gift of a very beautiful coin. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! This coin will remain with me for those times when I need to remember its message and to share with others. I will try to post a picture. Have not attempted to upload(?) pics, so don't be surprised if it takes me a bit to figure it out!!

Y.A.S.S., I am embarrassed to say I am unsure what language is printed on the coin. Would you (or someone else) please translate?? The obverse is: ^MECKLENBURG- VORPOMMERN^ wat en nich in kopp hett, dat mutt he in de Been hebben! The reverse is: DM^GU^LWL^MST^MUR^NVP^NWM^OVP^PCH^RUG^UER^HGW^NB^HRO^SN^HST^HWI^DBR

Thanks, also, to your Mother --she "done good" in raising such a thoughtful person!! Congrats to all the other reciepents, as well. I hope Y.A.S.S. has someone just as special to share life's blessings with. Now, I am going to call my Mom before her shows start!!

Oh, I was so thrilled with recieving the coin, I almost went to our monthly Sittin' Round Talkin' Cache tonight which is (only) two days early!!!! Safe and happy caching to all...Kelly

Hi Geocharmer81 (Kelly). I tried to use a free on-line translator to translate the German on your sun catcher geocoin and it totally flopped. Basically from what I can gather from looking at the designers description it's dedicated to one of the beautiful states in Germany. If you want to see if you can pick up any more details about the coin let me give you a warning first. Be advised the designer that made your coin that I thought was beautiful also made some other coins you'll see that personally I don't like at all so if you go to that page you may see some objectionable coins (or maybe you may think they're humorous depending you on what type of sense of humor you have, go there at your own risk). If you want to go there to see if you can get anymore info on your coin then you may CLICK HERE . I just bought it because I thought it was beautiful and if I was a geocoin collector it would be one I'd like so I was hoping you would like it too.

To everybody else you are quite welcome and I'm glad to see the coins have made it to all you fine folks! It's nice to know that I was able to play a small part in making people smile. Have a wonderful week! :)

I recieved a very nice gift in the mail today from Y.A.A.S. and it is one of my treasures now. Thank you to him/her for being such a lovely person!

It was such a nice gesture this morning that I really did not know what to say or how to say my thanks. Isn't just great that we have such great people. I think the Y.A.A.S is very clever and the letter will remain with the coin. I am so blessed to have met such nice people!

For somebody who's pretty new to this you've figured out something pretty quickly. You are 100% correct that there are a LOT of really great people here on the geocoin forum! When you look around it's amazing how many people here are giving away coins to people they will probably never meet. I think it would probably be hard to find another on-line forum with such a big group of not only giving people, but people who are there to try and lift each other up emotionally. So yeah, I agree with you geocoiners are the cream of the crop! :)

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail today from Y.A.S.S.. I received the 2009 South Wales geocachers coin and a green Todie's Wild Ride coin to release for Todie's Wild Ride. Thank you so very much. I am keeping the 2009 South Wales coin to always remind myself I am someone special and that it came from someone who thinks I am special.

I have the Todie's Wild Ride coin activated and named it Todie's WIld Ride;You Are Someone Special and hope it travels far. Reminding all that picks it up that they are special and to please pay attention.

Thank you so very much. It made me feel special and thank you for thinking of me.

e44bc351-4450-47ed-b991-87a87320d79c.jpg

I LOVE that South Wales coin!

Dear Y.A.S.S.,

I have a few translation books and was unable to translate. I checked out the Sepp & Berta website you suggested. There was not a translation there, either. I sent them an email with a request for the info. I believe the obverse may be compass directions. When I get a translation, I'll post it here for all those, like me, who are curious. If it's not too rude to print!!

I have a very strange sense of humor, but, some of their coins are a bit "iffy" even for me!!!! :):D

Thanks again, Kelly

Greetings all,

I got an answer from Claudia at Sepp & Berta's explaining the Coin. Mecklenberg-Vorpommern is a state in north Germany and the center of the coin depicts their logo. The colors signify green hills, blue sky and rivers, and the sun. There is also a compass rose.

She said the saying translated to "something like":

"what you don't have in your head you have to have it in your feet"

or "Those who can't use their head must use their back"

or "A weak memory makes weary legs"

The above are her translations. I take that to mean, more or less, "work smart, not hard."

She didn't say what the letters on the reverse are, but, I beleive they may be compass directions.

Thanks again to our friend Y.A.S.S. and hope everyone gets their heart's desire!!

Safe and happy caching to all...Kelly

Hi all,

i didn´t get new Coins, for a loooooooooong time.

I need the money for other stuff, so that was why i´m starting selling some great Coins. I got tear drops in my eyes at this moment :laughing:

Well, today i got a mystery envelope. Inside i found a really great letter. I´m really close to start crying my friend. What you written to me, is really personal. So i wanna write something in a PM to you.

The Geocoin is a "What was in your Mailbox".

Thank you so much, for making me, and other people Happy! Right now, i know, what i have to do! Also i will activate this one, i hope you will discover the Coin, you send to me!

And by sure, i don´t wanna ask anybody, who you are....

Thank you!

God will bless you, and your family! You´re Y.A.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back from Geowoodstock and checking our mail...hmm, what's this ? Feels like a coin????...we did not order anything nor were we expecting anything! WOW!!!! an unexpected coin sent by Y.A.S.S! It was one we wanted & missed getting at GWVII. Unbelievable!!! Thank you to whoever this mystery giver is! The enclosed letter was very heartfelt. Thank you again :D:D:)

When I was at Navy boot camp, one of the (several) things we had to memorize was the Eleven General Orders of a Sentry.

Later on during the boot camp period, I was put up for an award by my RDCs (Recruit Division Commanders -- drill sergeants, basically). What this meant was that I had to go stand at attention for several hours with a bunch of other recruits while we were grilled about all kinds of stuff by fairly scary Master Chiefs.

It was pretty stressful. However, it was one of the few times during the whole period that anyone had actually bothered to really ask any of us our opinion. Naturally, the purpose of boot camp is to fit all manner of peg shapes into a Navy-shaped hole, so there is not a whole lot of thoughtful conversation going on -- just a lot of learnin' in all shapes and forms.

At any rate, I remember that at the Awards Board (as the interview was called), someone asked me what my favorite Order of a Sentry was. "The tenth," I replied. "To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased." When asked why, I replied that it wasn't the saluting of officers that meant as much to me, though of course I would respect a commissioned officer -- what I really liked about this particular order was its reference to colors. To the flag of the United States, in other words. I was very proud to be where I was, and I was (and am) especially touched by the flag; it is a tangible reminder of why I do what I do -- because this country is worth serving, every second of every day, and all of the good people in it are worth serving, every second of every day, in all their struggles to make their lives and their country a better place for their children and their children's children.

I apologize for the wall of text. But I say all this -- or rather, type all this -- to express how touched I was to have received a very particular coin from Y.A.S.S.:

YASS_Old-Glory.jpg

Old Glory.

Thank you so very, very much, my friend. You demonstrate your own message by reaching out to others, and I thank you for reaching out to me.

Hello Jackalgirl. I'm glad my little gift made it half way around the world to you. I owe you the 2nd part of the letter that would have been sent if my printer had not run out of ink. I'm currently in the hospital getting some tests run (nothing life threatening, just trying to find the cause of some pains, probably just old age, lol). Anyways I will forward the 2nd part of the letter as soon as I can (probably a day or two).

I'm really glad you appreciate the underlying message of patriotism that old glory represents. Thank you for your service to our country. Don't forget there's an awful lot of us that really do appreciate you and everybody else serving in the military. Have a great day and don't forget Y.A.S.S.!. :D

Hello Jackalgirl. I'm glad my little gift made it half way around the world to you. I owe you the 2nd part of the letter that would have been sent if my printer had not run out of ink. I'm currently in the hospital getting some tests run (nothing life threatening, just trying to find the cause of some pains, probably just old age, lol). Anyways I will forward the 2nd part of the letter as soon as I can (probably a day or two).

I'm really glad you appreciate the underlying message of patriotism that old glory represents. Thank you for your service to our country. Don't forget there's an awful lot of us that really do appreciate you and everybody else serving in the military. Have a great day and don't forget Y.A.S.S.!. :D

DON'T make me come over there and kick your Y.A.S.S., get yourself better and take it easy for awhile! And I understand your reasoning, but PLEASE don't hesitate next time! I'll email you a little story about my Dad and waiting....it's not good or pretty :D

Off my soapbox...GET BETTER, my friend!! :)

Jackalgirl, I loved reading your post. We have so many wonderful people willing to step forward to protect our freedom. THANK YOU so much for being there. I hope your Awards Board went well.

Y.A.S.S.! I hope all turns out well for you also. A hospital stays are no fun unless you like jello. I hope they can come up with a solution for the pain. Take care and remember to keep you gown closed in the back.

Jackalgirl, We really enjoying your post in here, you are an amazing person, not knowing you but the the wprds you express, your action for doing what you are doing for our Country. We are honored to have someone like you trying your hardest to keep this world a better and safer place for all of us. Keep up the remarkable job your doing.

Y.A.S.S. Not sure what this means, but have read that you make a big impact on peoples lives. You are wonderful as well. Hope your tests come our clear for you and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. May you be back to good health soon.

Rod, You and your family specially your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers. We have read you been down and out the last few days. Don't think we are not here for you we always have been, Hope things get better for the both of you.

There is so many amaing people here in the forums, it is nice to see how much so much of us appreciate one another and are like one big family here.

We like to say Thank You to all of you that know us or our friends here in the forums.Our thoughts are with each and every one of you. Have a nice Day :D

I´m quite new in this forum, but all the empathy and kindness here deeply impressed me.

I´m proud to be a new part of this great community. You are all amazing :D

And Y.A.S.S. , i hope your test have a good end for you and you will leave hospital soon.

Thank you all for being what you are...

Yoinks! I hope your tests go well (and that you find, and are able to fix, the source of the pain)! I certainly know what it's like to have things start to go south (especially in the back and knee department). Thank you for your thanks -- and thanks to sweetlife and Lucky Charmer, too; no thanks are necessary, tho: you all are so worth it.* : )

*Plus, there are few things better than Emergency Breakaway -- pulling away from the oiler (tanker) at 30+ knots and then pulling a hard turn away. It is lots and lots and lots of fun. I totally understand why dogs hang their heads out the car window now. ; )

Y.A.S.S. in a world that is far to concerned with ones own issues and concerns its nice to see some one giving for the sake of giving. To make some ones day a little brighter just because. Thats truely awesome!! This thread was a great read too, I submitted an email for getting added to the address list, not just because of this thread. Thanks again Y.A.S.S. and keep up the good work, your gunna have some way rockin karma too!! :P

Hi. I just wanted to say thank you for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. Thankfully modern medicine is a wonderful thing. It turned out to be heart problems, but they unplugged two arteries (one was 95% blocked and the other was 99% blocked) inserted some stents to help keep things opened up and I was released 51 hours after I walked into the E.R.. So now I'll just have to shed a bunch of extra pounds, eat right and exercise (that translates into go geocaching more often! :rolleyes: ) and then life will be grand!

I'm home now and was greeted with some new coins in the mailbox so I can start having some more fun with some of you folks! First priority though will be making sure I get a couple of special coins sent out that people are expecting, but had to be delayed until my discharge from the hospital and I still owe Jackalgirl a bit more of a letter than what she got with her coin. Again, thank you everybody for your best wishes and concern. Have a nice day everybody and don't forget Y.A.S.S.! (You Are Somebody Special!). :)

Dearest YASS,

I'm very glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It was great to see all the well-wishes from everyone here. I have been having trouble keeping signed on or there would have been one from me too. Thankfully, my computer is cooperating long enough to get this through.

It was nice to see you got coins in the mail. Too bad WE couldn't have sent YOU a Mystery Coin!!

I send you my prayers and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

All the best to you, always...Kelly

Dearest YASS,

I'm very glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It was great to see all the well-wishes from everyone here. I have been having trouble keeping signed on or there would have been one from me too. Thankfully, my computer is cooperating long enough to get this through.

It was nice to see you got coins in the mail. Too bad WE couldn't have sent YOU a Mystery Coin!!

I send you my prayers and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

All the best to you, always...Kelly

Hi. I have a little secret to share. I actually did receive a surprise coin in the mail from one of you wonderful people. I haven't disclosed it before now because I wasn't sure if the sender would want it publicized or not. I think I probably should not go into specifics about what the coin was or who sent it, but I'll share a little bit of the story. The reason I won't share much detail on the coin itself is that I was honored to receive one that is a very limited edition coin and I don't know if the sender would want others to know that he/she passed one of the few of that particular edition on to me when maybe somebody else may not have been able to get one the hard to get editions. All I'll say about the coin is that is very beautiful and I'm honored to be so fortunate as to get one. So it's only to protect the sender that I won't elaborate on the coin itself otherwise I'd love to brag about it.

I went to get the mail recently because I was expecting some more coins that I could send out to others, and I was completely speachless when I opened a bubble mailer and there was a coin that the sender specified was for me to keep. There was a really nice note that was with it. Now, I've pretty much decided I will not collect geocoins since I find it to be a blast to send them out to surprise people, but that coin that was specifically sent to me is undoubtedly a keeper and it and the note that came with it will stay me as a reminder that somebody I'd never met before wanted to let me know that they thought I was pretty special! Talk about a feeling that will put you on cloud 9 for the rest of the day!

You see like everybody I've had people do some very nice things for me. However, I've never received an unexpected surprise in the mail so now I know how some of you folks feel and it makes me even more glad that I can do this little thing for a few of you fine folks. I wish I could send to everybody, but financially that would be a very big project so I just do the best I can. Thankfully at least for now I have a bit of disposable income that I can use for my little project.

So to my secret sender again I thank you and that coin and note will always be cherished. Thank you for making me feel very special. :rolleyes:

Hi. I just wanted to say thank you for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. Thankfully modern medicine is a wonderful thing. It turned out to be heart problems, but they unplugged two arteries (one was 95% blocked and the other was 99% blocked) inserted some stents to help keep things opened up and I was released 51 hours after I walked into the E.R.. So now I'll just have to shed a bunch of extra pounds, eat right and exercise (that translates into go geocaching more often! :rolleyes: ) and then life will be grand!

Special!). :)

hey Y.A.S.S. glad to see your doing better now.........those stents are a wonderful thing, I had 3 put in 5 years ago, and I guess they work fine, cause I'm still here annoying the wife.........take care, and great to see some1 sent ya a coin......