Something funny in an ebay auction

SCP-173

This is written in an ebay auction but it's a load of crap, right? I've never heard of Groundspeak adopting over Lackey coins.

This is a mint condition 2007 Groundspeak Lackey Geocoin. These are very rare and hard to find. These are activated and owned by signal the frog, however I have heard a nice email to Groundspeak can get them moved to your name.

Yes, Groundspeak will, on occasion, adopt over a Lackey coin, but not always. I have 3 Lackeys. One is the new one that my brother bought for me and I, of course, activated it myself. Of the other 2, they were both gifts from Groundspeak and one they let me adopt, the other they did not. I don't know why, but I think the one was adopted over because it was given to me at a Lilly Pad visit.

The 2005 coin they generally adopted over, if you asked. Not the 2007 coin though.

The above quote is exactly the case. 2005 is "usually" adopted over. 2007 will not ever be adopted over. If you have a 2007, read the coin's page. It states exactly that. 2009 of course is purchased unactivated to do with as you please.

So, to answer the OP, the Ebay auction is completely false since they are selling a 2007 Lackey.

TMA

My word is certainly not law on this matter, but to the best of my understanding the 2007 coins were never adopted out. Certainly there could be an exception to this somewhere, but I surely wouldn't put it in an auction to have somebody expect that there is a chance of it happening.

I am unaware of any 2007 Lackey coin that is NOT owned by The Frog, so I would venture a guess to say that they are either mis-informed or mis-leading people.

This is written in an ebay auction but it's a load of crap, right? I've never heard of Groundspeak adopting over Lackey coins.

This is a mint condition 2007 Groundspeak Lackey Geocoin. These are very rare and hard to find. These are activated and owned by signal the frog, however I have heard a nice email to Groundspeak can get them moved to your name.

Fishing or not, Owning the coin is different than Owning the tracking. Normally they go hand in hand, but not always.