Screen Protector for Colorado 400t

Does anyone know of a protector that can go over my new Colorado screen? I still have the piece of plastic film that came with the unit, but it is pretty ratty. I have heard of of films you can purchase to replace it, but I have come up empty. I do not want to purchase the clunky Colorado case from Garmin. It does not seem very user friendly while caching.

I doubt you will ever get anything better than an Invisible Shield. A few bucks more but you are using a $400+ GPSr. Its worth the money. I use them on multiple things and they are awesome.

Agreed, I have used at least 10 of them on different pieces of equipment. They are the greatest...

I'll say that the only thing that I don't like with the Invisible Shield (or most any other screen protector) is the tackiness. The Oregon's screen has a matte finish making your finger slide easily across it. The Zagg protector is smooth and a little tacky compared to the 'bare' screen.

None the less - I like having it and suspect I'll get used to it. It's not like the problems tacky protectors cause when using a stylus.

Another nice thing is the Invisible Shield comes with a lifetime replacement warranty. Not sure of the terms exactly. . . but for some reason that makes me feel better about the money I spent on it.

I'll say that the only thing that I don't like with the Invisible Shield (or most any other screen protector) is the tackiness. The Oregon's screen has a matte finish making your finger slide easily across it. The Zagg protector is smooth and a little tacky compared to the 'bare' screen.

None the less - I like having it and suspect I'll get used to it. It's not like the problems tacky protectors cause when using a stylus.

Another nice thing is the Invisible Shield comes with a lifetime replacement warranty. Not sure of the terms exactly. . . but for some reason that makes me feel better about the money I spent on it.

I have no problems with the Palm screen protector on my OR.

what about problems removing the invisible shield, if needed?

i read somewhere regarding another device (not sure if it was a PDA or an ipod) about invisible shield being hard to remove and/or damaging the screen.

No problems removing if careful. I removed one fron one Oregon to put on another Oregon, no damage to screen it came off of; could not tell it had been on.

+1 for the invisible shield fans! I have them on several electronic devices and I swear by them. Most telling is my cell phone which is a slider, so the screen is on the outside, unprotected. I have an invisible shield on it and I throw it in my purse willy-nilly... have dropped it *several* times and not so much as a scratch on the face of it. Love it! Just got one for my PN-20, just haven't gotten around to putting it on. Well worth the extra couple of bucks, and you shouldn't have to ever replace it, where as a cut palm protector won't fit exactly right, and you'll have to deal with replacing it ever few months.

another Recomendation for Zagg ..... I have them on all my GPSrs Nuvi, 60CSx and Delorme PN-20 and my sons Ipod Touch He sure is glad I made him get it after the gravle drop on the face NO DAMAGE., My dad on all his Nuvi, Etrex and PN-20 and my sister and her Hubby Nuvi, PN-20.... cant go wrong best money spent to ensure long life of investments.

I received one invisible shield from ZAAG for my Oregon 300 2 months ago, but it not fitted exactly on the screen, dimensions apeared shorter by 1mm and narrower by 0.5mm. I can live with that and dont know is it only my case, but...

That sounds right to me. I am more worried about having an edge to try to peel up (if removal is necessary) than scratching that .5/.25 mm area.

Another nice thing is the Invisible Shield comes with a lifetime replacement warranty.

I just discovered what you mean about the difficulty sliding your finger on it. What would make this work better?

I have used the warranty. You pay $3.95 to cover shipping and processing for the replacement. Sometimes they ask for the replacement back. They have great customer service too!

My advice is another endorcement of Invisible Shield. While other portions of my gps my have been scrapped and banged up due to a fall or two the shield is still like brand new. Had to remove one to return a GPS I had for almost a year and had no problem at all. You get what you pay for. But as graceful as I am, I need the extra protection Invisible Shield provides