Most interesting geocoin/travel bug goals that you have seen.

TheWilliams

And this one of mine only wants to go to high D/T caches, or puzzle caches, or long hike caches... in 8 months it's only made it to one cache beyond the one I put it in... but I'm hoping this sort of mission will give it a long life - only the dedicated cachers will find it! :)

I have helped several TB/coins with this kind of goal. One I have right now wants to go on long but relatively easy hikes where the only real challenge is length and gradual elevation change, TB5QT62. I like these kind of TBs. They don't move often, but at least they go to fun places. I released a bunch of TBs that only want to visit "Lonely" caches, defined as those that see less than 4 visits per year (example my Lonely Cache Hunter: Shark which is currently in a 5/5 multi on a remote desert mountain ridge). I can't expect these to move often, but when they do I'm hoping they go to some neat out-of-the-way caches.

Whatever a TB's mission is there is always one constant - it will end up in Germany. Because of this we specifically put please do not take me to Germany. Recently we had one that was just over the border of Germany. And people keep taking it into Germany for the day out of devilment which we think is funny. But to be honest if it does ... sorry when it winds up in Germany it will be treated well usually. It'll never escape of course but it will travel continuously.

We have a jailbreaker TB that's supposed to be left in tb hotels and you remove every last one that's held prisoner. Leave ours in their place as that's its mission. Had some fun with that.

Buz lightyear was supposed to get to Nasa - that's lost in America (think it's that one) with people that don't answer emails.

Two pirate ones that want to meet the cast of pirates. - both missing

Long list of missings

Whatever a TB's mission is there is always one constant - it will end up in Germany. Because of this we specifically put please do not take me to Germany. Recently we had one that was just over the border of Germany. And people keep taking it into Germany for the day out of devilment which we think is funny. But to be honest if it does ... sorry when it winds up in Germany it will be treated well usually. It'll never escape of course but it will travel continuously.

We have a jailbreaker TB that's supposed to be left in tb hotels and you remove every last one that's held prisoner. Leave ours in their place as that's its mission. Had some fun with that.

Buz lightyear was supposed to get to Nasa - that's lost in America (think it's that one) with people that don't answer emails.

Two pirate ones that want to meet the cast of pirates. - both missing

Long list of missings

What does this have to do with interesting travel bug goals? Just wondering, kinda got lost on this post...

I've got a monkey I'm about to set free ... thinking maybe it needs photos of bananas?

Sounds like a great idea! It should have a goal of visiting the Amazon or a banana farm in the tropics, too!

great idea! thanks! I'm liking a 'banana farm in the tropics' :D

Ecuador produces about one-third of the world's banana supply, but Costa Rica, Philippines and Colombia are top producers, too. Maybe your monkey should visit all 4! Eh, maybe just one of them would be better. The monkey would be most likely to find a banana farm in Ecuador, though. Just throwing it out there...

I've posted a few ones that are fun to me. :) In the front yard of the house that I share with one of my granddaughters and her family, we have a tree that I've turned into a fairy house. The Fairy Tree

When my granddaughters were up from Washington visiting I got them to put on their fairy wings so I could get a photo of them dropping a Tinkerbell key TB into a geocache at the Fairy tree. Tink's Key

I added a story on the TB page about Tink up visiting a friend in Canada then leaving for Washington but forgetting the key to her Washington guest house behind. The fellow geocachers are to help get the key to Tink's guesthouse in Washington.

Everyone has been so helpful, knowing I's sure that it's for the kids. Well, today it arrived in the Washington town, but was quickly picked up by another TB helper. We're hoping to be able to get the granddaughter's together and retrieve it soon.

Edited by africanflirt

Oops, I accidentally had my sister's log-in open. AfricanFlirt.

Another TB that I launched has a goal of being put in the "Golden Gate" cache, not the Golden Gate bridge in San Fransisco but the Golden gate temple cache in Jerusalem, Israel. It's a heart and it has the lettering engraved on it... "LuyhOgaltuOadttKoGmciP24". Any takers on what that might say, it

is actually not impossible to figure out if you first determine who or why would someone put something in that geocache?

The heart was actually a dog tag and I used the engraver machine at the pet store, you know the one for engraving the dog's name on the tag.

Oh, another huge hint for some might be it's name, "Ancient Door".

Edited by The10Coin

A third geocache was a Key to Canada, for my niece in New Zealand. 2015-02-14 20.44.56

I was surmising that the reason she hasn't come back home to us in Canada is because she lost her key to Canada. So, I've asked people to help it get to a cache near her in New Zealand. Unfortunately this one has gone missing, hopefully it's just a procrastinating geocacher who has failed to log it in a timely manner. It was only $1.25 item, hardly worth muggling I'd hoped.

Edited by The10Coin

And a 4th. Maybe not as much fun, but in Canada we have a TransCanada trail that is 75% complete, and is slated for completion by Canada's 150th Birthday in 2017. The trail is currently 17,000 kilometers (10,563 miles)long and when complete will be 24,000 kilometers (14,912 miles)long. I've asked that the TB stick to the trail, and cross this great country of ours, dipping and dropping in caches along the way.

It's kind of a fun adventure, because it means learning the path of the trail. I haven't let go of it yet, because I'm still busy taking it to the caches in British Columbia.

I have one that wants to have its picture taken with Little Free Libraries.  I'm having a blast looking them up and going to visit them.

Another one was a Star Trek figure and wanted to go to Riverside, IA.

There's a cache in Colorado Springs that has two travel tags.  One has the North coordinates and the other has the West coordinates for a mystery cache!  You have to find both to get the coordinates (the TBs are supposed to stay in that area).

I personally enjoy the photo ones.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2009 at 6:11 AM, Shadowraven said:

We just came across this one of a cow that wants its picture taken around hamburgers :D . It's still in our hands cuz we haven't been out in the field since the picture... but we just thought this goal was absolutely hilarious and unique!!!

Sad to see he didn't last much longer :(

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2010 at 1:35 AM, cinematopographer said:

I grabbed a TB that wanted to go to Alaska and have its picture taken with a moose (and oddly, the TB was a photo of a ferret). I got the TB as far as the Yukon Territory, and the next cacher in line was able to finish the job:

0a98c230-4748-4f4b-9d52-ead86152d858.jpg

The ferret that wanted to see the moose actually has me laughing so hard! :D:D