Mass-download of Coords & Description

searcher7nine

It's a little frustrating when downloading each individual cache, and notes for the caches, takes up much of the time that I would rather be out caching. Suggestion for new feature: being able to mass-download the coordinates and cache description. I picture this working from the Googlemap page, either dragging a "box" to capture all caches for which the info would be downloaded, or "Ctrl+left click" to select all caches to be downloaded. All coordinates would be sent to the GPSr and all descriptions sent to either a word processor document or pdf file.

Since caching is usually done one area at a time, this feature would be VERY useful to quickly prepare for a day of caching.

Thanks for listening!

s7n

Edited by searcher7nine

It's a little frustrating when downloading each individual cache, and notes for the caches, takes up much of the time that I would rather be out caching. Suggestion for new feature: being able to mass-download the coordinates and cache description. I picture this working from the Googlemap page, either dragging a "box" to capture all caches for which the info would be downloaded, or "Ctrl+left click" to select all caches to be downloaded. All coordinates would be sent to the GPSr and all descriptions sent to either a word processor document or pdf file.

Since caching is usually done one area at a time, this feature would be VERY useful to quickly prepare for a day of caching.

Thanks for listening!

s7n

what you want already exists so no need for a new feature.

You can now download 20 or 25 per search page to a .loc file that can be loaded into EasyGPS and then downloaded into your gps. You will have to go through each search page though. The other solution pointed out is premium membership. There you can do tailored PQ's or generate a PQ from a map page.

Jim

Its called a Premium Membership, and runs $30 per YEAR. It is the BEST $30 that you can spend on a yearly basis related to this sport!

The Steaks

P.S.. You get MORE that Pocket queries(what you asked for) for the premium status. Insta-notifications, Bookmark lists, and even slightly more street cred!

I had the same question as the original poster, so I purchased a premium membership to mass download gpx files.

However, I still have yet to figure out how to do it.

Can someone tell me the way?

Thanks for the help. I finally found the location by going into my profile. The link was over on the right.

Seems like that should be a little more prominent somewhere? It took me quite a while to find it...