Splitting an account

Anyone can ask to have their username changed by following the instructions in this link:

How to ask for a change of username.

It's not necessary to do it through a reviewer. :sad:

However, it sounds like one of you will have to take over the old account (changing the name if they wish) then the other will need to create a brand new account and re-log the caches. It's not possible to create two new accounts with duplicate sets of logs from one old account.

MrsB :D

Edited by The Blorenges

What you could do, if you're so inclined, is use GSAK or something similar to generate a list of caches, then turn it into a set of "field notes" which would make relogging the caches easier.. I think the ability to upload fieldnotes is available to all rather than just premium members.

Edited by MartyBartfast

What you could do, if you're so inclined, is use GSAK or something similar to generate a list of caches, then turn it into a set of "field notes" which would make relogging the caches easier.. I think the ability to upload fieldnotes is available to all rather than just premium members.

...or to make it even simpler, just look at the old account's profile and click on each of the finds to create a new log...

...or to make it even simpler, just look at the old account's profile and click on each of the finds to create a new log...

When the missus set up her own account I logged all her caches for her doing it like this, but if I had to do it again (for a lot of caches) I think I'd do it using fieldnotes.

I just cut my losses and started all over again :D

It's been fun re-visiting caches that I had previously done yonks ago... this was mainly due to my O/H wanting to do the caches himself though.. suppose if there is no one else involved it would be a bit dissapointing to lose all your finds!

I just cut my losses and started all over again :D

It's been fun re-visiting caches that I had previously done yonks ago... this was mainly due to my O/H wanting to do the caches himself though.. suppose if there is no one else involved it would be a bit dissapointing to lose all your finds!

But there again what about all those archived and locked caches... reverse ones etc.... bet you can't reclaim those... or can you... :D:D