LOG-IN TRACKABLES

Cougar Kid

I really wish that the cachers that pick up Travel Bugs and Geo Coins would log in when they retrieve them – I have been holding on to one now for over a week and would like to pass it along but I can’t until the cacher who placed it in the cache that I retrieved it from logs it in….so…PLEASE LOG IN YOUR TRACKABLES!!!! :sad:

I really wish that the cachers that pick up Travel Bugs and Geo Coins would log in when they retrieve them – I have been holding on to one now for over a week and would like to pass it along but I can’t until the cacher who placed it in the cache that I retrieved it from logs it in….so…PLEASE LOG IN YOUR TRACKABLES!!!! :sad:

You could always use the "Grab it from current holder" under the log options if you are anxious to place it in another cache. Did the person you are referring to log the cache already and not drop the trackable? If so, they may have just forgotten to drop it when they found the cache.

You could always use the "Grab it from current holder" under the log options if you are anxious to place it in another cache. Did the person you are referring to log the cache already and not drop the trackable? If so, they may have just forgotten to drop it when they found the cache.

Yes. I thought about doing that but that would negate the tracking of the coin in that cache. I will have to take that option only if this cacher doesn't log it in soon. Thanks for the suggestion.. :D

Yes. I thought about doing that but that would negate the tracking of the coin in that cache. I will have to take that option only if this cacher doesn't log it in soon. Thanks for the suggestion.. :D

Simply drop the trackable into the cache you found it in then take it back out and every thing in the universe will be right again :):):D

Simply drop the trackable into the cache you found it in then take it back out and every thing in the universe will be right again :):):D

I will do that only as a last resort - I am going to give the cacher a chance to log it in as they may be on vacation and haven't had a chance as yet - thanks for your suggestions.......!

It's always frustrating to find a cache with the trackables listed in the cache and then get there to find it empty and has been empty for a long time. Please log those trackables in a timely manner

That too! But in this case the coin was dropped in a cache where the OP found it but can't log it out yet waiting for it to be logged into the cache in the first place. He's being consciencious so the record reflects the actual movement of the coin.

Appreciate what he is doing. We write a note on the coin page stating that we found the coin and are waiting for the last cacher to log it in for miles. This way the owner of the coin knows you have the coin and it is not lost. We give the last cacher 1 week to log into the cache, if no log is made in that time we will log as grabbed from last cacher. We have had numerous coin owners thank us for letting them know what is going on with their coin.