help with background pics for cache page

ducksbucksnbulls

I am placing my first cache and would like to add a picture to the background of the page for my cache the instructions on the report a new cache read

Background Image URL:

Optional field. This will change the background image on the web page to the location you define.

Is there a place that hosts these pics that you would upload a photo to?? I am at a loss but am interested any help is appreciated.

Geocaching.com is a pretty good free host.

I just upload my photos to any conviniant cache page (maybe an archived one of mine). Then open photo and click on the photo to get its URL. Copy and paste the URL to the right box on the cache page.

If you don't want the link to the image to appear on the page, and show up in the gallery (which is what will happen if you upload it to the cache page), then just create a Reviewer Note, and upload the image to it. When the cache is published, the note goes away, but the image is still hosted on geocaching.com.

If you don't want the link to the image to appear on the page, and show up in the gallery (which is what will happen if you upload it to the cache page), then just create a Reviewer Note, and upload the image to it. When the cache is published, the note goes away, but the image is still hosted on geocaching.com.

Thanks for the tip. :lol: