Coins for an event cache raffle

bnpkidz

This is what it was supposed to say....

We are holding an event cache later on this month and want to give away some items in a raffle drawing. We have purchased some swag items from various outlets, but we wanted to be able to give away a few coins as prizes as well. With the price of coins where they are, this is turning out to be an expensive undertaking. About the best deal we can find is Hogwild's Travelers @ 5 for $22, although I have found a few sites that offer sale coins for around $5 each plus S/H. We are trying to be benevolent in our raffle drawing, but at the same time do not want to go broke. Ideally we would like to find 4-6 coins, hopefully different varieties, to give away.

My questions to the forum are:

1. Do you know where to get REALLY inexpensive coins?

2. Do you have any gathering dust in your collection that you are trying to git rid of (inexpensively)?

3. Is contacting vendors for donations a viable option for a small event (expecting 15-25)?

Thanks for taking time to look at this and posting your replies!

We are holding an event cache later on this month and want to give away some items in a raffle drawing. We have purchased some swag items from various outlets, but we wanted to be able to give away a few coins as prizes as well. With the price of coins where they are, this is turning out to be an expensive undertaking. About the best deal we can find is Hogwild's Travelers @ 5 for $22, although I have found a few sites that offer sale coins for around $5 each plus S/H. We are trying to be benevolent in our raffle drawing, but at the same time do not want to go broke. Ideally we would like to find 4-6 coins, hopefully different varieties, to give away.

2. Do you have any gathering dust in your collection that you are trying to git rid of (inexpensively)?

3. Is contacting vendors for donations a viable option for a small event (expecting 15-25)?

A great idea (not mine) for an inexpensive event prize is to raffle off coordinates of a newly published cache that you have placed for the event. You can have it published at a time just after the event but the cacher already has beaten those FTF hounds!

Something else I like to do...offer ready to go caches as prizes. I gave away two at my WWFM V event today and they were greatly appreciated.

A great idea (not mine) for an inexpensive event prize is to raffle off coordinates of a newly published cache that you have placed for the event. You can have it published at a time just after the event but the cacher already has beaten those FTF hounds!

Something else I like to do...offer ready to go caches as prizes. I gave away two at my WWFM V event today and they were greatly appreciated.

Those are great suggestions. I am not sure if I could do the new cache because we are hosting an event in a different state (we are from NY, event is in TN). I could probably run a PQ of the area and see who has hidden the most caches and ask them to adopt it from me after the event. Hmmmmm....you might be on to something!