Photos on the front page

Penguin_ar

I am curious about the two photos at the top of the geocaching.com front page, just to the right of the geocaching logo (the photos change everytime I visit the site). How are they selected? I assume they are not random from logs, because they are all of good quality. Can anyone submit photos taken while geocaching, or do geocaching staff look for great photos in logs, or are they magazine photos, or something else?

Never mind.... you can click on the photo to get the answer!

"The images for the front page of Geocaching.com were chosen from the vast database collection of images from GPS enthusiasts around the world. Click on the links below the image to take you to various areas of the site relating to this image; from the log entry to the listing where this photo resides. Also check out the profile of the user for other images in their gallery."

Also, from Michael, here:

"While there are many pictures in the gallery we only rotate a small amount of the newest ones. Feel free to nominate a photo for the gallery if you like. Email me via my profile with the URL of the log that the photo is connected too. Not all pictures are used but I am happy to accept suggestions.

Michael."

MrsB

And what if one of my pictures is chosen. Will I be informed about that? Would be pity to have one of my pics on the homepage without knowing it myself (or anybody else, of course). :D With other words: do you inform the person whose picture is selected do appear on the homepage?

Edited by asfintesco
And what if one of my pictures is chosen. Will I be informed about that? Would be pity to have one of my pics on the homepage without knowing it myself (or anybody else, of course). :D With other words: do you inform the person whose picture is selected do appear on the homepage?

Not by Groundspeak, but a friend of mine had pictures of hers used twice and both times, members of the local caching community spotted them and let her know.

I rarely go to the main page anymore, having bookmared my profile page, so I don't usually see those pictures any more.