Missing Bugs/Marking Bugs as Missing

ChapterhouseInc

Hi, not really any time to search, and i doubt i will find anything, but i have a few ideas:

when some one else (not the owner) marks a TB/Coin as missing can we get a note sent?

then,

when you have a TB/Coin in a cache and it is then archinved, can the bug not then be marked missing (or at least have the red line through the link) and a note sent to the owner?

Hi, not really any time to search, and i doubt i will find anything, but i have a few ideas:

when some one else (not the owner) marks a TB/Coin as missing can we get a note sent?

Put the bug/coin on your watchlist and you will also receive notes, logs etc that are posted to the travel page.

hello, i am the owner, they are my watchlist. i recieve all notes, logs, etc; however, there is no such 'marked missing' notification--it does not appear on the bug page either.....

only two people can mark it is missing (well, 3 if you count moderators) the bug owner and the cache owner. if i mark it as missing i dont need a note. often cache owners mark it as missing and dont post a note about it--theres no record of who and when. alternatively i suggest that when a cache it is in gets archived it can be marked as missing instead of in a cache that no longer exists.

hello, i am the owner, they are my watchlist. i recieve all notes, logs, etc; however, there is no such 'marked missing' notification--it does not appear on the bug page either.....

only two people can mark it is missing (well, 3 if you count moderators) the bug owner and the cache owner. if i mark it as missing i dont need a note. often cache owners mark it as missing and dont post a note about it--theres no record of who and when. alternatively i suggest that when a cache it is in gets archived it can be marked as missing instead of in a cache that no longer exists.

Just because the cache is archived, that does not mean that the cache and travel bug are not still there! I've rescued two travel bugs from archived caches.

Yes, I'd say the lack of owner notification on a "mark missing" log is a bug, definitely needs fixing.

Also I agree with Harry Dolphin that there's no need to mark a bug missing when its cache of residence

is archived.

I removed a TB from an archived cache recently. Cache was coming archived Dec 06 - I removed the bug in March of 09.

great, thanks, a link to a virtually dead thread that started in 2007....got a few more hits recently, but still no progress on the process.....i told you the search wouldnt have helped me....

well, that is a bad cache owner to archive a cache and leave it there....if its still there, why is it archived? at any rate....there still should be some sort of notification system....

ok then, leave the bugs in the archived caches....just allow the cache name to be 'red lined' on the bug page (my bug list as well) so i can see it is in an archived cache......i have a hard enough time with active caches being MIA, much less searching for those that arent even supposed to be there......thats why i waymark.....