April Statistics

holograph

The statistics page has been updated with the April statistics. The maps and the counts by county have also been updated.

It looks like a large number of backlogged reports have been updated. The most recent GEOCAC recovery report included in the datasheets was from April 22. Earlier reports dating back to November were also included. Of course, there is no way of telling whether those were backlogged, or whether the geocacher just got around to submitting them.

geocac_map_t.gif delta_map_t.gif

At least I got three finds in, though I am backlogged... (Working on Northampton County, Pa...)

Now, you do realize that being a numbers ho, my June vacation is planned around finding caches in five new states (nine for my sister, but Delaware is small...) But! Where we are stopping for caches depends on finding caches near benchmarks in counties with no geocaching finds! Hope to color in a few new counties and/or independent cities...

..sorry about November - I finally got 'em all in! ;)

Wait 'til next month when a couple of my recoveries from 2006 show up! I finally got around to checking the current data sheets and saw that even though some Alaskan marks have been logged on gc.com, they were not recovered with the NGS.

ok, I'm new at this. I've logged some benchmarks on geocaching.com, how do I get them registered with the NGS? PM me if you want or just post here. ...asking only cause I don't know. :laughing:

Before you submit recoveries to the NGS, you'll want to do a lot of reading (FAQs, many threads on this forum). Since the NGS database is really meant to be used by professionals, we don't want to introduce mistakes into their database that may outlive us! :lol: That being said, they do welcome our input & once you feel comfortable w/ terminology/identification - go for it! I do it, because if I've spent the time & resources engaging in the hobby, perhaps someone can benefit by knowing that a mark nor uptated since 1935 is still intact for professional use.

Many new submitters will post their finds here for advice on submitting to the NGS - that may prove beneficial for you.

Go forth & hunt!

Late April recoveries (my last was April 25) have now been uploaded to the NGS database. I'm not sure when this happened (anyone?) These were missing as of May 1st and so they will not get counted in Holograph's statistics till next month.

Anyone else have late April recoveries? You might check and find they are there now.