Paperless with ipod

Drycreek

I recently purchased a 60 csx, I already had an ipod. I'm wondering how you go about setting the ipod up to be able to download the cache info on the ipod.

What program do you use, and how hard is it to set up? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help

Craig

Are you on a PC or a Mac? I use MacCaching for my Venture HC and MacBook - it's as simple as checking the box that says 'iPod Notes' and sending the GPX file to your unit and the notes to the iPod. Hope that helps!

Jason

OK the macro works great. just one more little question, how do you get the caches back off the ipod to put more on there?

You dont. When you add more caches to your ipod. It will over ride anything in your extras folder. So the caches you had before will be replaced with the new ones.

OK, how do you let it know which ones you have found? Don't want it to override ones that have not been found.

There's no way to do that with a ipod. But what I do. I bookmark all the caches I want to find. Then run a PQ on your bookmark list and load it into your ipod and gps'r. Then after I have found some of the caches and log them. I delete them from my bookmark list. Then when I run another PQ on my bookmark list, everything is fresh.

I know there is a way to delete stuff off of an ipod, but never played around with it. Just do a google search. You'll find something.