Who has HTC Phone with GPS?

Who has a Windows mobile touchscreen phone with built in GPS? This is usually HTC or AT&T branded HTC phone such Tilt, 8925, TynII, Fuze, Touch Pro, etc.

There is a fix in the latest BackCountry Navigator software that is suppposed to make things more reliable for those devices. I unfortunately don't have any of those devices close by.

Are there some here who is willing to try that on their phone and see if it finds and uses the GPS just fine?

http://www.backcountrynavigator.com/

If you don't want to register there, I can email you a direct link.

Thanks

Who has a Windows mobile touchscreen phone with built in GPS? This is usually HTC or AT&T branded HTC phone such Tilt, 8925, TynII, Fuze, Touch Pro, etc.

There is a fix in the latest BackCountry Navigator software that is suppposed to make things more reliable for those devices. I unfortunately don't have any of those devices close by.

Are there some here who is willing to try that on their phone and see if it finds and uses the GPS just fine?

Thanks

PocketSierra

Does your application run on a Palm Treo Pro?

Rick

Thanks

I have a Verizon Branded Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1 with the GPS unlocked. It runs Garmin Mobile XT, HTC GPS Tools, Google Maps and Microsoft Live Search. I can give it a try but do not want to register.

I haven't tried this software out, but here are my thoughts

There are several good free software packages (GCz, GateCacher, BasicGPS). The only advantage that I see from this software is that you don't need a data connection in the field to view maps. If that is not a requirement that you have, there realy is no point.

So far, I have not been caching in an area without data connection. That said, I guess there probably are some. It also looks like a lot of work to get the maps in there.