EarthCache Owner Banned

Maybe I am bad, but I have never fufilled the e-mail requirements. I just take a pic of me, and upload it. That is it. Does a CO realy want 30 e-mails a month after 2 or 3 years of owning a EC? And does it realy matter about what size the rock is, or how far the spring runs befor flowing into the sewer? The pic of me standing in the spring, or infront of the rock should realy be enough shouldn't it?

No it isn't enough. An earthcache is designed to teach you something. You can get the picture without learning anything or even spending more than 15 seconds at a site.

It also sounds like the CO should be reviewing thier logs better to see if the finders are meeting the goals of the EarthCache Program.

Maybe I am bad, but I have never fufilled the e-mail requirements. I just take a pic of me, and upload it. That is it. Does a CO realy want 30 e-mails a month after 2 or 3 years of owning a EC? And does it realy matter about what size the rock is, or how far the spring runs befor flowing into the sewer? The pic of me standing in the spring, or infront of the rock should realy be enough shouldn't it?

No, that is not enough. The point is to learn something, not just take a picture. I had one cache tell me that since he was a geologist, he didn't have to answer the questions on one of my EC's. So, I saw no reason to let his find stand.

If someone does not fulfill ALL the requirements of one of my EC's, they lose the find. Period.

You didn't find ours, because if I get a "find notice" without the e-mail answers, I wait a few days and then send a polite e-mail. So far I've had one cacher follow my suggestion to change their find to a note and I've deleted one "found it" log. The others have either followed up with the required info or explained that they were with a group and told me who sent the info for the whole group.

Mrs. Car54

I learn more from my research in creating an Earthcache than I do by finding them. That's not to say of course there isn't anything to learn from them (most of them anyway). As to following the logging requirements, that is a matter of being responsible and following the rules. If you don't like or don't approve of the logging requirements for an Earthcache, don't do it. If after proper notifications the logging requirements for mine are not correctly fulfilled the log are deleted. In my opinion this should be strictly followed. We as Earthcachers and Geocachers have a responsibility to police ourselves since there is no one else to do it. Without some level of control over logging procedures, etc., the whole activity becomes a waste of time and effort for everyone.

Edited by Indotguy