'series' or 'challenge'

Pontoffel Pock

A "challenge" cache is generally one where you need to fulfill a list of criteria before you can hunt it. One popular challenge is finding a cache in every county of a state. Another is finding a cache of every difficulty and terrain combination. Whatever the challenge is, you need to meet the challenge before you are allowed to hunt the cache.

A series tends to be a group of caches hidden by one, or several geocachers, that have a common theme It could be a series of caches hidden at historic sites, or a series of caches that are hidden by nice views, or cemeteries, or whatever. For example I have a series of what I call "By Boot or By Boat", which are caches hidden where they are accessible to hikers, but boaters will also enjoy the hunt. In most cases by boat is the easiest way to get there with this series. I have another series called "The Hiker Series". It consists of

6 caches spread over a 7 mile loop hike.

I have seen a few logs were they include, such n such 'in the series', or 'Its on page' such n such 'of the Thompson guide challenge'. Can't find the info to explain what series, or what challenge- What are they talkin 'bout?

Thanx

Perhaps a Thomas Guide Challenge? The Thomas Guide covers a county in a series of maps. The challenge is to find a cache on each page of the the guide in order to find the final. Another challenge is the Delorme challenges. Just about every state has one and the Delorme road atlas breaks the state down into a number of pages. The challenge is to find a cache on each page of the map before finding the final.

Jim