Another GSAK question from a newbie.

Ok, so I have about 800 waypoints loaded into GSAK and I am trying to export them all (and more when I download new ones) to my Vista HCX. I am not getting all of them over on the transfer. I imagine the Vista HCX only has the capacity to hold 500 waypoints. I also, have a 4GB card in the vista, but I am unsure how to access it to get the remaining waypoints to appear.

Is there a way of loading all my GSAK waypoints to the 4GB card and bypassing the 500 waypoint restriction? If there is, what are the draw backs if any?

Any thoughts?

the Vista HCX will hold 1,000 waypoints. What makes you think they are not transferring? Only the waypoints within 50 miles of your current location will show up unless you do a search by name.

Waypoints can only be stored on the SD card as POI`s.

You can load the caches as POI`s with Garmin free POI Loader and you might want to check out this GSAK macro ( free).

Edited by IBcrashen

Keep in mind that the child waypoints also count. If a cache and two or three child waypoints then your downloading 3 or 4 waypoints for that one.

Jim

I tthink that is one of the issues. When I look at my map I have tons of parking lots, bird watching areas, ect. Not that these are bad things, but i woul dprefer to use the space for caches.

Keep in mind that the child waypoints also count. If a cache and two or three child waypoints then your downloading 3 or 4 waypoints for that one.

Jim

I tthink that is one of the issues. When I look at my map I have tons of parking lots, bird watching areas, ect. Not that these are bad things, but i woul dprefer to use the space for caches.

When you load the .gpx files you can exclude the child waypoints. But realistically, 1000 caches is a lot of caches to find, and a number are going to go stale before you get to them.

Jim

Wouldnt Bird Watching areas, etc would be POI`s, which are not downloaded with the gpx file. You can tell in GSAK which cache has additional waypoints because they are in bold.

Wouldnt Bird Watching areas, etc would be POI`s, which are not downloaded with the gpx file. You can tell in GSAK which cache has additional waypoints because they are in bold.

Never knew what the bold meant. Thanks for the heads up. I’m still trying to feel my way through GSAK so I am not to sure how to exclude things when transferring. Also, what is a macro and how does it work?