Koninginnedag cointest.

Geo.Error

I don't know anything about the Netherlands BUT I do know one thing...Li-Z is from there and is currently on vacation in Western Australia. She was one day behind me logging all the caches we did on our holiday. We just missed each other! Almost! Well she is coming back to Perth and flying out on Monday but has time for meeting me as long as we get to cache.. :unsure::(:D

Hello to all!

Here is something different from coin info I was posting about Netherlands! :unsure: This time It has to do with militaria and the item is in my collection! :D

The photo shows a metal badge from the Netherlands Madical Regiment! this badge was in use in WWII! Today is a little changed! :(

c1ae_1_sbl.jpg

Nothing special for the history of this badge, with the exception of....that the badge was fould on a mountain in Leros island in Greece!!!!

It was unbelievable to find something like that on these mountains! Dutch soldies never came to Greece in WWII as far as I know! :D

Especially in Leros!

My god father found it while he was out hunting! At first I thought it was Italian or something, but I accidently found that it is a Dutch badge!!!

I have no idea how it came here! My guess... a German soldier who went to Leros during the war, probably was in the Netherlands before! He probably took the badge as a souvenir from a dead soldier or a prisoner of war, or even he found it in a field, he took it with him and brought it in Leros!

I do not know what happent to the German soldier! Maybe he was killed in action, maybe not! One is for sure! He lost the badge! :D

So... this badge travelled so far away, from the Netherlands to Greece (with probably a stop in Germany), in a war period! Shall I consider this badge a TB??? :D

*** The photo is not mine, but my badge is exactly the same!!! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Can Dutch people participate?? :unsure:

I'll give it a try anyway :(

Queen Beatrix’s birthday is not on that date, but on 31 January. 30 April was the birthday of her mother, Queen Juliana. Queen Beatrix wanted to continue celebrating Koninginnedag on that date as a mark of respect to her mother.

Queen Beatrix and the royal family visit every year an another place (1 or (most of the time) 2) to celebrate Queensday.

shocking news

a car has ride through the fence, hit many people and try to attack the bus from royal family.[apeldoorn]

14 people are hurt and one is probely died.

We do not know if it was a real attack at royal family or it was somebody who was ill.

The whole Netherlands is in shock and the queens day is canceled at many places.

I am very very sad.

:unsure::( i hope you all understand that i close this cointest :D:D

i come back with the winners our more news.

but my internet is very bad, so i don't know when i can come back

Edited by Geo.Error

My sincere prayers are with your entire country and with those injured. I just can't understand why there are such senseless acts of violence. I sincerely hope it was the case of an ill driver and not a stupid attack.

Thanks for the cointest it did result in some interesting information about your country.

Continue finding reasons to spread smiles.

I was working with my balloons and it was a lovely day, sunshine happy kids and music.

It was time for a short break and the local organisation had a meeting and were busy on their mobile phones. They told me the bad news and they would cancel all activities.

It really feels very bad.

I really feel sorry for all the victims.

4 people died from 17 victims.

5 victims are in danger.

The attack was probably a real attack.

Why the man did this attack is not clear.

If he want to hurt the royal family or just hurt the dutch people.

Thank everybody for the thoughts and prayers for the victims and family.

Edited by Geo.Error

4 people died from 17 victims.

5 victims are in danger.

The attack was probably a real attack.

Why the man did this attack is not clear.

If he want to hurt the royal family or just hurt the dutch people.

Thank everybody for the thoughts and prayers for the victims and family.

I am so sorry to hear about this.. Yes its a crazy world we live in

Sorry to hear about those bad news Corina. What was supposed to be a happy day turned out as a very sad day :unsure: Our thoughts and prayers are with all those innocent people involved in this tragedy.

Thanks for holding this cointest, I didn't post but I read them all :(

Congrats Dark Elf!

I hav e many friends in the netherlands and it is a place i will one day visit to see them all and the history the netherlands offers

I can tell you that your language is derived from old dutch and is very cool lol always enjoy talking to my netherland friends on skype

I would also like to share with you this link rather than paste it all in here where you can see some old history of the netherlands that my friend found from his dad

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13979073/History...an-Old-Document

your coin is awesome by the way :unsure:

thanks for the cointest!!!

Edited by NeoCult

Queen's Day (30 April) is a national holiday in the Netherlands on which the queen's birthday is celebrated. (Actually, Queen Beatrix' birthday is Januari 31, but Queen Juliana's birthday was kept for Quenn's Day for climate reasons.)

Another Day of peace and friendship brought to a horrible end by a terrorist. May you all find peace and healing in your hearts.

Opalsns

Thanks everybody for your warm words.

Dark Elf your nerd goes today at mail, i hope that this little one will make you smile. :rolleyes:

The nerd is a funny guy :blink:

Thanks for playing this cointest, i loved every post. B)

Eartha this cointest may closed, thank you ;)

My deepest condolences to the families of the dead and injured. I thought about this cointest when I heard the news. It's a sad time indeed. I'll close this one now that there is a winner.

The update this morning is the man who was driving the car died of his injuries, so there won't be a trial.