What does your geocaching title mean?

lil'hobo

4wheelin fool is my real name.

My last name "Fool" is really spelled a little different, but I post the word "Fool" for PR purposes.

My middle name "Wheelin" comes from my great, great, grandpa 170 generations ago that invented the wheel in Mesopotamia in 3500BC.

My first name is a 4 letter cuss word, so I just go by "Four" which is a lot easier. I sometimes tell people it is "fore" because I was conceived on a golf course. :):D

I dont own a 4wheel drive at the present time, but have had several, and prefer Jeep Wranglers with 33" or 35" tires. :)

I started caching as mountain_lion, because of a vague interest in cougars. But a lot of people have similar names, and one of them caches around here. So when my wife joined the game we looked for a pair of names that would say something personal, and we came up with names that reflected where each of us grew up.

"L.A.Woman" kinda says it all, huh?

My real name is Shelli. In Cherokee, Shelli (TseLa Agaliha) means Bright Sunshine. My mother gave me this name, because for weeks before I was born (February) the weather had been cold, rainy and dreary. The day I was born, the weather was warm, and clear skies with bright sunshine! And to think, that before she told me what my name meant (when I was about 8) and why she chose it, I wanted to change it!!!

Pandora is from Greek mythology. According to this myth, she opened a jar, out of curiousity rather than out of maliciousness. With this, she unleashed evils upon mankind. Only hope remained inside the jar when she closed the lid. So I like to think I am NOT Pandora's Box. My approach to the world we live in is to treat others with respect and kindness and to try to be the best that I can be. Do I achieve that everyday? Certainly not but the aspiration is there. Everyday is a new day. Secondly, the jar was representative of a cache.

..and yes I am aware of the connotation dancing around it but that was not the intent.

Edited by Not Pandora's Box

Mine is my name and previous last initial. My forum subtitle of Pika Cacher comes from my love of pikachu and the CarleenC is a reference to my married last initial. I'm still waiting for my husband to change his name to Mr Pikagirl. For some reason he keeps dragging his feet on that. :antenna:

Edited by carleenp

I'm really into drag racing and campaign a dragster style car call an altered (Well I used to, sold it a couple years ago and am working on a new project). We competed in the division 7 Super Comp class and my competition number was 7151.

Not super creative I know, but I used it as a log on for several racing forums and now its just easy to have the same user name everywhere.

For many years I made my sons' Halloween costumes. They had to be sturdy because the remainder of the year the neighborhood children would join mine using all of the old costumes in play. The year they requested Pikachu and Link (Nintendo video game characters) I spent weeks constructing the costumes with the required bolt tail, sword, sheath and shield. And then they asked what I was going to wear. Exhausted, I told them that year I had decided to just be a Momster.

well.....

LAVENDER -pretty obvious its a plant, but it is also one of my favorites. I like the smell and its uses. its actually not my favorite color, its a nice color but not my favorite which is green

5215- this part used to be 521 for quite a while but i had to change it when i got my new email address

originally the first time i adopted this name was a long time ago when i needed to create a user name for the first time ever to chat on a gardening website.

I liked it and it stuck so i use it as my screen name, login, etc. for everything.

So know you know and knowing is half the battle!!! :laughing:

StarfishSaving is a name I use most everywhere. The name of my animal rescue is Starfish To the sea Animal Rescue.

It is based off a story by Loren Eiseley called the Star Thrower and is a story that summarizes many of my opinions on life. Before I read the original, which I love more, I read an adaptation that was made to tug at heartstrings. The moral of the short story is that we can make an impact even when the odds seem insurmountable. Here:

The Starfish

Once upon a time there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work. One day he was walking along the shore. As he looked down the beach, he saw a human figure moving like a dancer.

He smiled to himself to think of someone who would dance to the day and began to walk faster to catch up. As he got closer, he saw that it was a young man and the young man wasn't dancing, but instead he was reaching down to the shore, picking up something and very gently throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out, "Good morning! What are you doing?"

The young man paused, looked up and replied, "Throwing starfish in the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in they'll die."

"But, young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can't possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely, then bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it into the sea, past the breaking waves and said-

"It made a difference for that one."

I've been in the business of saving lives for many, many years. In the course of those years, I've been called an angel countless times. So that, combined with my favorite animal gave me "AngelWolf."

93 is the numeralogical value of "Love" and "Will." Back when I was studying Crowley, it was central to the belief system. Since then I've moved on, but Love and Will continue to be central to a purposeful life, so it stuck.

I'm very fond of wineberries and when I was looking for a new username some years ago I found wineberry was taken. So I did an images google search for berries and found a very pretty berry called a snowberry. Well that was taken too so went with opalberry since the little berries reminded me of the stone. At some point I eventually found opalberry taken somewhere and chose opalblade - I'm fond of games that involve bladed weaponry... Originally my name on here was opalberry but was signing logs referring to my guys as the mini ninjas :anibad::anibad::):D (after an xbox game we love) and opalblade seemed more fitting.

So no deep meaning, just trying to find something I like the sounds of that isn't likely to be taken yet.

Edited by Opalblade

I'm "HeliDood"

because I like to play with my RC Helicopters. Thats my main hobby, the one that consumes most of my money and a lot of my time.

The word "Dood" is at the end of it, because in the helicopter community, Im known simply as "Dood"

( Means the same as dude)

Dood also means death in the Dutch language.

Here is one of my helicopters. This machine cost me about $3000 to get set up and airborne.

aurora.jpg

As a camper we needed a camp name. I took the first part of my first name and the first part of my last name and came up with dibug. It was very relevant to the camping experience with bugs a plenty. I also tend to bug people so I am dibug with a short i sound.

For me it is a combination of my real name - Lorne and Linux. Hence - Lornix

I have been a professional web developer for the past 13 years and a few years back I lead a charge to get our office work stations all switched to Linux from Windows. In the end my campaign was lost but it was a glorious battle none the less. One of our programmers dubbed me Sir Lornix and it just kinda caught on. I shortened it to just Lornix and I use it on pretty much every forum I prowl - about a half dozen or so.

VW_Keychain was the name of a song on a compilation album I was listening to when I opened my account, when I started I bought some VW bug car keyrings off of ebay to use as signature swag but the novelty of that soon wore off. I did have a customised Volkswagen at one time but it's sadly gone to the great scrapyard in the sky.

I was going to change my username but now my girlfriend has registered as Madame Mazda (guess what make of car she drives!) and we have VW and Mazda TB's racing each other so I'm in too deep! I've actually had other VW driving cachers contact me because of my name which is nice. :blink:

Edited by vw_keychain

well I got mine when I was a teenager got hit by a drunk driver when I was walking across the street with a bunch of friends. The guy never did stop... when I got up and after everybody calmed down we were joking that I looked like roadkill. when I opened my hotmail account many moons ago the only way I could spell it was r0adki1l... and I have used it ever since for every "handle". :)

I was using JenniferKieviet until last week, when I decided that perhaps using my real name for geocaching when there are only 3 J Kieviets in Canada (me, my mom, my sister in law) might not be the safest thing to do, so I asked the powers that be to change my name to Opal&Ruby which represents me (born in October so birthstone is opal) and my Mom (born in July so her birthstone is Ruby) or my niece (also born in July) since they are my caching partners.

My geocaching name is one bestowed upon me in 2002 during a sweat lodge ceremony. It is the phonetic spelling of a Sioux name that means: Confronting Wolf or Wolf Who Confronts. Previously, I went by greywolf1242. Grey Wolf is a name I used for many years on the muzzle loading scene and carried it over to geocahing when I started in 2006. Lobo, although never used as a geocaching name, was one I used from the 60s through the mid-90's as a CB handle and also on the muzzle loading scene. So, the wolf has been with me as a nickname in one form or another for nearly 50 years. Guess I'll stick with my current one because of how I came about getting it. :D

My girlfriend has a winter hat that some people think looks like an onion, so we started calling it the "funion" hat. Someone else said it looked like old lady hair, so it became the "Grandma Funion". I thought it was funny so I started using it as a user name for various video games and forums.

42 is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.