What GPSs do you use?

We use a Magellan Triton 1500. We like it, but we can't seem to download coordinates from geocaching.com. I don't know it the GPS is compatible with the website. We also did not like the fact that a new screen for the GPS was as much as the unit was. I believe our next choice will be a Garmin, if anyone has any recommendations.

Currently using Colorado 300 for caching and TomTom720 for getting there.

Waiting for Satmap to fix a small issue then I will start to use Active10. It sort of works now - but I would prefer to wait for the fix. The problem is that the transfer of the Pocket Query file (.GPX) to the Active10 loops when certain feature(s) are found in the .GPX file.

Edited by blackprince

Magellan Triton 400. It has some great geocaching features, but they aren't very intuitive or quick to use.

Here's the click-flow I'd expect to get to the paperless cacheing features...

Move curser to geocache icon.

click on icon

click on view

done.

Here's what the actual flow is:

click menu

click view

click geocache

select the cache

click on the cahce

click left

click again

now your done.

It does sort the list by what is nearest (or other criteria you choose) so thats nice, but it could be better.

That being said, I like the Triton 400 and I think I'll stick with it for the time being. It does really well in medium/heavy tree cover or inside some buildings.

I was curious what everyone used figured there were way to many options for a Poll...

I'll start off..

Driving and most Vehicle travel: Garmin Nuvi 760 (may try this one for caching just to see how it does)

Geocaching and Exploring : Garmin Colorado 400t

Original (now a backup) eTrex Legend. I used it for navigation for years. It wasn't good, required planning of routes manually when away from a computer. But it could get me to the caches although under tree cover it was less than ideal.

Now: Paperless with the Oregon 400t. The Oregon has gotten me back into caching again and I hope to keep it up.

click on icon

click on view

done.

Sound simmilar to my Colorado 400t...

Turn on

scroll wheel to Geocaching Icon, Click

look through list of Geocaches, Click the one you want,

look at map, follow arrow

Other gadgets or features close by, click one button for access to Compass or more details on current cache your looking for, or logs to mark as Found DNF, MNT or notes...

Entering the Notes is the crapy part... Other than that, good to go...

Guess I have become a GPS junkie. I use a Lowrance IWAY 600 in the car. I load the Caches into it and with the large screen, the caches show up as red crosses. (icon is optional) As I drive I see the caches and if near or I have the time we go. I also have a Garmin 750 on the dash just because I like some of the Garmin features and POI's. Then when we are stopped I get out the Oregon 400T. I just bought the West Coast TOPO 24 from Garmin. I have a Garmin Vista HCX as a backup but don't use it much anymore. My wife still likes the Palm PDA so I load the caches onto it via GSAK and she can read about the cache while we are getting near. I also have a Pioneer in the Motorhome as well as another Lowrance IWAY 500. While the IWAy is not portable GSAK recently set up loading the cashe information onto the IWAY. So as follows:

We are full time RVer's and change locations frequently. Geocaching is our hobby.

IWAY 500

IWAY 600

Garmin 750

Garmin Oregon 400T

Garmin Vista HCX

Palm Z PDA (for Cache Info)

Magellan Triton 400. It has some great geocaching features, but they aren't very intuitive or quick to use.

click on icon

click on view

done.

Here's what the actual flow is:

click menu

click view

click geocache

select the cache

click on the cahce

click left

click again

now your done.

It does sort the list by what is nearest (or other criteria you choose) so thats nice, but it could be better.

That being said, I like the Triton 400 and I think I'll stick with it for the time being. It does really well in medium/heavy tree cover or inside some buildings.

Update: after updating to the newest firmware... the system behaves almost exactly as I wanted. haha...