How do I remove a Geocoin that is not there?

PierceFam

Hi all -

I have a coin showing in my cache that hasn't been there in a few months. I have marked it missing, but it is still showing in my cache. Is there a way to remove it, without making it look like I have removed it during a find?

Thanks so much,

PierceFam with Camo Cache in Washington

Open up the page for the coin. On the top right side of the page there is the trackable item options. On the bottom of the list there should be a pull down box that says mark item missing. Under the name of the coin, a text box will show up that says are you sure you want to mark this trackable item missing. Click yes, and it should be moved to an unknown location.

If the coin turns up somewhere else, the person who has it can grab it and drop it into a cache.

As the tadpole says, try again. You might have missed the part where it asks you to confirm that you want to mark it missing and you click on "YES", I really do want to mark it missing. I know, because I've missed that a time or two, when I was marking multiple trackables missing. If you have problems, send me a link to the geocoin in question, and I'll try it for you.

As the tadpole says, try again. You might have missed the part where it asks you to confirm that you want to mark it missing and you click on "YES", I really do want to mark it missing. I know, because I've missed that a time or two, when I was marking multiple trackables missing. If you have problems, send me a link to the geocoin in question, and I'll try it for you.

You are right....I did miss that confirmation! However, I did confirm this time around, and it still shows in my inventory. If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! here is the link to the geocoin, and thanks!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...fb-ceaac9cc8a06

Much appreciated,

PierceFam with Camo Cache

You are right....I did miss that confirmation! However, I did confirm this time around, and it still shows in my inventory. If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! here is the link to the geocoin, and thanks!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...fb-ceaac9cc8a06

Much appreciated,

PierceFam with Camo Cache

It is gone now....thinking I needed to refresh, or you helped that quickly. Either way, thank you both so much!!! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Have a great rest of the day!

PierceFam :anicute:

Just FYI - It might be a good idea for cache owners to send a courtesy note to the coin or TB's owner letting them know that they have moved to the traveler to an unknown location.

A lot of people do not realize the cache owner can do this and it could be sort of confusing to the trackable's owner as to how this occured once they discover that has been done.

Just FYI - It might be a good idea for cache owners to send a courtesy note to the coin or TB's owner letting them know that they have moved to the traveler to an unknown location.

A lot of people do not realize the cache owner can do this and it could be sort of confusing to the trackable's owner as to how this occured once they discover that has been done.

A most excellent suggestion! Spread the word. I always post a note when I mark them missing that goes something like this:

This Travel Bug has been reported as being missing. Therefore, I have marked it as missing. It may turn up someday, or the copy can be released, and if that happens it can be put back in play simply by logging it.

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer

How do I get it out of my inventory?

You can't completely remove any trackable item from your inventory because, even if it's now missing, it did once exist (it may still exist!) and if you were able to make it disappear then all its history and the logs everybody made on it would also disappear.

Somebody gave me this tip once and it works well: When you've marked one of your trackables as missing and it's showing as being in Unknown Location go to the trackable's page and edit its name to put a Z in front of it. (e.g. my "Hug a tree today!" geocoin is now called "Z Hug a tree today!")

This change of name will move all your missing trackables to the very end of your inventory list, so they won't be all mixed in with the active ones. Then you can ignore them... until, hopefully, some might resurface one day.

MrsB :o

If it's your trackable, and it's gone truly missing, send out a copy. Someone else will put it in their inventory, or another cache.

Somebody gave me this tip once and it works well: When you've marked one of your trackables as missing and it's showing as being in Unknown Location go to the trackable's page and edit its name to put a Z in front of it. (e.g. my "Hug a tree today!" geocoin is now called "Z Hug a tree today!")

This change of name will move all your missing trackables to the very end of your inventory list, so they won't be all mixed in with the active ones. Then you can ignore them... until, hopefully, some might resurface one day.

MrsB :o

That's a brilliant idea!!