THE FLOWER MISSION

grodan & fiabus

Well,tomorrow is last day to send out your missions and I still miss postings from a couple of you out there. Please let me knowyour progress.

I admit I will be sending my last mission out late but I will let my receiver know soon. Please if you are late in sending them out, send me an e-mail and let me know about it.

To all of you that has got your missions, post here so your sender can see it has arrived.

And ofcourse we love to see pictures of all nice missions here.

Thank you and please post your progress here.

grodan Karin

Email sent: 29/04/09

Name received: Yep, got my person's name this morning (06/05/09). Thank You!

Mission sent: Yep!!!!!! Posted off today! (Saturday 30th May). Apologies for being just about right on the deadline for mailing it off...it's not got too far to go though. :P:blink:

Mission received: Yes!!!!! I collected a lovely decorated package from the Post Office depot this morning, (it had actually arrived at the beginning of the week but we were out and she left a card to collect it).

I received the most lovely mission package from usyoopers, beautifully decorated and full of lovely things. Such a lot of thought went into putting it all together, and I love everything. Thanks so much folks. Pictures to follow shortly!! flowers-006.gifmusic-045.gif

Edited by Geo-Gophers

Email Sent: 4/28/09

Name Recieved: 5/6/09

Mission Sent: 5/14/09

Mission Recieved: 5/30/09

Mission arrived in todays mail:

eed55d1d-4ccf-47ca-86ab-5dd7d3b2162c.jpg

758906d7-1101-4b9f-aa93-3f2f9d9e8a7f.jpg

A Compass Rose, that actually has Roses on it Cool, A Hog wild Traveling Coin, and a BrierPatch Sig Item.

Daisy Mae thank you for the mission, we got quite the laugh with all of the references/jokes...

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

email just sent, 1 for each of us! :P

Mrs usyoopers

email sent- 4/28

name received- got it 5/6

mission sent- 5/11...Just left it at the post office!

mission received-5/27

Double the fun, we both received our missions on the same day! I'm not sure exactly who my sender was, they like the Sunflower though. (I love them too, I plant them around the back edge of our vegetable garden every year) There was a cache mover coin, a Sacramento 08 coin and 2 geopins...the German geocache will go right on my cache bag! Thanks much to my friend from Germany!

73cc5dfb-557a-4626-8a3d-c79b79dda315.jpg

the other yooper

email sent- 4/28

name received- got it 5/6

mission sent- 5/11....On its way!!

mission received- 5/27

The other yoopers mission arrived from Moustaches de Chaton. Inside was a lovely card made by her Grandmother, we will display that on the computer desk by the special geocoins that are there. Also a flower dangler for the gps, flower earrings that Mrs usyoopers promptly took off with and a chick geocoin. Thank you very much for a very nice mission!

201edfc6-1a95-4830-b8cd-41d6de0cae88.jpg

Glad you like the earrings and the coin. I made a trade to get you a coin in your wishing list and mydaughter Moustache de Chaton (kitten's wiskers) chose the rest from my company inventory.

Turlutortue

Churs Mission 1:

Name Recieved:6. May

Mission Sent: 23.5.2009

Mission Recieved: YES!

Churs Mission 2:

Name Recieved:6. May

Mission Sent: 23.5.2009

Mission Recieved: YES!

Friday, when I came home from work, I found a big parcel in my mail... On the customs form it said "birthday gifts", but my birthday is in October??? Must be the first flower mission, and I hadn't even sent my missions out... But I had the things together so I wrapped the things that evening and brought them to the post office the next day :P

Great to hear that Lorcas mission already arrived! It was fun putting it together, before this mission I had no idea how many goodies are available for dogs :D

I received two really wonderful mission parcels from The finding Irish 4 and Turlutortue! Each of them found a coin from my wishlist for me! :D:laughing::laughing:

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow! Thank you!

Glad you like the geocoin. Being the second time around I have your name I went a little further in getting something from your wishlist and Thanks to CaptainZulu to make it happened.

Have a GREAT summer,

Turlutortue

Thanks to Puffinator!

I drove home today through the winter snow (road was the only one of four options home, that was open!) to find the flower mission here.

What a lovely mission!

The Compass Rose micro nomad, and a Rhode seashell (I forget the name, momentarily) plus a lovely photo to bring warmth and sunshine here of a sunflower.

Plus.....

Jewellery! A dangle plus a pair of earrings!

Plus - a butterfly / flower peg.

Oh, you spoilt me!

So - from Butterfly Lady - mission complete, send and received.

Photos to be uploaded when I get a chance.

Thank you all!

ps.... I love missions!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Thanks to Puffinator!

I drove home today through the winter snow (road was the only one of four options home, that was open!) to find the flower mission here.

What a lovely mission!

The Compass Rose micro nomad, and a Rhode seashell (I forget the name, momentarily) plus a lovely photo to bring warmth and sunshine here of a sunflower.

Plus.....

Jewellery! A dangle plus a pair of earrings!

Plus - a butterfly / flower peg.

Oh, you spoilt me!

So - from Butterfly Lady - mission complete, send and received.

Photos to be uploaded when I get a chance.

Thank you all!

ps.... I love missions!

Glad you like everything, my son Paffinator chose personally each gift.

well today it is just me on my own in this topic :P

I have sent my mission to ....... out!

Oh Millie,

LOL!! You put a HUGE LORCASMILE on my face.

How fun was it for you to help me find the right things for my mission person and you would be sending to me!!!!!!!! :D

I love my mission...

First, Thank you fron Spot, my cat, She is VERY fond of the ORANGE MOUSY!!!!!!LOL!!!! She keeps trying to take the Mouse Head Pencil Sharpener off my table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your card was so sweet and made me laugh Hard!!!!

I got a Millieballon pathtag, and a millieballoon Tracker coin on a Key Ring, Very cool!! And ...

Ha!! A Grodan and Fiabus Orange KittyGeocoin. I have the white one from them, I didn't know there was an orange, PERFECT COIN!!!!!!!!!!A Sunflower Candle holder ,a miny flowerpot, and pretty Clip on Feather Butterflys.

So Much Funto get to cheer me up after a rough Yesterday.

Thank You MillieBallon,

Just Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Spot (the cat) - Sent and they got it and recieved ours

Opalsns (the Cacher) - Sent and they got it and recieved ours .... Thanx for the fun missions!!!!!!!!!

Email sent: 4/28/09

Name received: 5-6-09

Mission sent: 5-29-09

Mission received: 6-1-09

I can't believe what all was in the package I received today. Things just kept coming and coming, flower sticker, flower stamps, floer necklace and ring, more flower stickers and dino stickers, and ammonite and so much more. A fiabus coin and pathtag. Thank you, Simon Limon, all was very pretty.

1. Email sent - 28.4.09

2. Name received - 6.5.09

3. Mission sent - 11.5.09

4. Mission received - 2.6.09

Today I came home from work for lunchbreak and found a padded envelope in the letterbox.

Hm, my ordered coins came in early?

No, it had lots and lots of lovely Australian stamps on it.

What might it be?

Well, guess what, it was my flower mission.

Thank you so much!!!!

I had a lovely card, warning me of the Caching Hazards of Queensland. Should I ever get the chance to visit, I sure will watch out for the Golden Orb Weaver!!! :D

I'm actually very fond of spiders, but then our native spiders aren't dangerous to humans at all!

The Gerbera coin is very nice as well!

Then I had two marvellous handkerchiefs, way to lovely to be used for something so profane as blowing my nose in them!!! :D

The red bottle brush is flowering in my conservatory as well!

I love the tea towel with the Australian Wildflowers, it will join the tea towel from England and Ireland I already have in my bedroom, they make marvellous curtains in front of the bookshelfs.

What else? Frangipani flowers, out of polymer resin, so lovely. I've never smelled a Frangipani, but rumor has it, they smell heavenly. The stickers will probably be claimed by my daughter, have to hide them, before she gets home from school...

3588365847_d6f09ee1b5.jpg

The whole mission

3588370739_52d8aca121.jpg

Golden Orb Weaver and Gerbera Micro Coin

3588272141_898a5d6b69.jpg

Card and stickers and lovely stamps

A big thank you to Queensland, Australia

I have no idea, why those pictures are now unfocused, as I have them in perfect condition on my computer... Flickr is getting them unfocused! :)

MISSION 3 (Moustaches de chaton)

Email sent: 4/28/09

Name received:5/6/09

Mission sent: may 21

Mission received: JUNE 1st THANKS SUSIEMERLIN1

Received just at the right time to cheer us up. My brother died in the morning at 60. :D

Moustaches de chaton LOVED everything. She told me she would like to be in other missions (of course she will go through MY coin stash!!!)

moustachemission.jpg

Mission completed!

Email sent: April 28

Name received: May 6

Mission sent: May 14

Mission received: June 1

Chocolate comes from the cacao plant, so maybe that could be your favorite flower, and you could send chocolate :) (Lorca.NL sent us some really yummy chocolate at Easter).

:D Little did I know that Lorca.NL had our name again for this mission, too! As soon as the parcel arrived yesterday I recognized the box and the return address, so I suspected there would be chocolate for dessert. Very pretty chocolates, with flower designs. We resisted eating them just long enough to take the picture. Also in the box (amazing how much you can pack in a small box) was chocolate-scented incense, a patchouli-scented sachet, a candle in a little watering can, tea light candles with roses on them (too pretty to burn), a flower key chain, rubber ducky, a lovely card with tulips on it, three "geocaching makes you happy" coins (ladybug, cat and pig) and a coin I've never seen before with a bird (chicken?) carrying off a micro cache.

flowermission.jpg

Does anyone know what this coin is called?

chickencoin.jpg

So thanks Lorca.NL for sending us a great Flower Mission; you put a lot of thought into choosing coins and gifts we'd like! Thanks also to Karin (Grodan and Fiabus) for hosting another fun mission.

HunnyBunny

Email sent: yes

Name received:yes

Mission sent: yes may 26 and received

Mission received

SimonLimon

Mission sent: yes, may 26 and received

Mission received: yes, a package full of flowers, thank you Blackfishorca. My husband opened the package because I am on vacation with the kids. He told me it was a very nice package with a nice geojellie and many flowers.

MattiFnatti

Mission sent: not yet

Mission received: yes may 15. A lovely package from summerandnana. Thank you very much. Loved it all!!!

A pretty little claybox with a memorygame with californian wildflowers, a nice set of cards to tell about the flowers sent, a little rubberbook with the coins all put in very nicely and a very pretty card.

The coins are a kansas sunflower, a for the love of the caching in pink/gold (my new favouritrecoin) and a bee my geocache (non-trackable). I don´t have any of them, well I have a Kansas but not in that metal.

A wonderful package with a lot of thought behind. Many, many thanks!!!

grodan Karin

Hi everyone!

I received my beautiful package from Solan109 this weekend. cute socks, pretty tissues (my allergies have been acting up!), a fridge magnet and stickers, and solan109 and elle77's personal geocoin! Thank you so very much, it is way awesome!

DSCF1964.jpg

email sent - 4/28/09

name received - 5/06/09

mission sent - 5/18/09 :P

mission received -

email sent - 4/28/09

name receive - 5/06/09

mission sent - 5/18/09 but as of 6/02/09 my recipient has not posted that she has received it. :P

mission received - today!

Received the best package from sarahbelle this afternoon.

016-2.jpg[/img]

017-1.jpg[/img]

I got a thick envelope that included a beautiful handmade card. Is someone a scrapbooker? The cardstock is an artist style with blades of grass pressed into it and then layered with other papers, a flower and butterfly with a lovely note inside.

Also included was a handpainted picture frame and five interchangable labeled pictures of Canadian wildflowers that sarahbelle took and printed herself. I am crazy for wildflowers and knew every single one you included. It was hard to decide which one to display first!

Not just one, but two great coins: a white veined butterfly and a 2009 wildflower coin. I've looked at both of these recently and couldn't have picked two more perfect coins for myself than these. I love them!

Thanks also for the flower stickers you included. I've read some of your posts and saw you are a new coin collector too, as am I. I will put one of those flower stickers on the package I'll be sending you tomorrow as a little thank you for such a wonderful mission! :P

email sent - 4/28/09

name received - 5/06/09

mission sent - 5/18/09 :P

mission received -

email sent - 4/28/09

name receive - 5/06/09

mission sent - 5/18/09 but as of 6/02/09 my recipient has not posted that she has received it. :P

mission received - today!

Received the best package from sarahbelle this afternoon.

I'm so glad that your package arrived safely, and especially happy that you enjoyed it so much. It was a lot of fun to put together. I had really been hoping I'd be able to send seeds, but since I couldn't, I tried to be creative. I'm actually surprised you got it so fast, but maybe Canada Post is just slow getting things to my house :P

Hopefully by the time my mission gets here, I'll be better at posting pictures, since I think that's one of the best parts of the missions - getting to see what everybody else got and their reactions!

Turlutortue i`m sorry for your lost...........

our thoughtzzz are with your family............

Belfrypotters hihihi jeahhh i was just like BELLY again :P:P ...............

i`m happy that it arrived safe and that the DUTCH FLOWER bonbonzzz are still hole.....

enjoy them and your missie :P:P

My condolences Turlutortue at this sad time for you. I hope your flower mission continues to bring some bring some sunshine to you.

ElliPirelli I am glad you liked the mission I sent to you. Fortunatley for me, the Golden Orb Weaver spider is harmless - it just grows quite large and spins a great big web which I generally always manage to walk straight into :P

I am very excited. Looks like my Flower Mission arrived while I was on vacation in LA. I have not opened it yet but wanted to post that it arrived safely. More to come.......................... :rolleyes:

Just getting caught up on posts and wanted to add my condolences to Turlutortue for their loss. Memories can be a great comfort.

Edited by summerandnana

Nana:

Name received: Received 5/6

Mission sent: Sent it today. It was going international so I sent it priority mail.

Mission received: Yes from Lunamoth47. She did such a terrific mission for me. There was a garden flag, a magnet with flowers in it,yellow flowers which is my favorite color, stickers, socks, a beautiful card, 2 pathtags and a Spring into caching coin. I didn't have this coin and it is so nice. I like all the colors. Everything is colorful, springy and sure made my day. Oh yeah and flower napkins which I will take when I go to the coast tomorrow. I was supposed to pick some up today and forgot so I am all set now. Thank you Chris, you did great. I am so happy with it.

5374366d-e8d4-4d55-9f1b-dfb573bfb15c.jpg

Papa:

Mission sent: Sent it today. Delivery confirmation said it arrived at its destination.

Mission received: Not yet

Grandson Guy:

Mission sent: Sent it today. It was going international so I sent it priority mail.

Mission received: Guy received his today from Spot the cat. Had lots of good things. A race car, a kayak with a boy in it, he loves kayaks and won one a couple weeks ago, a key chain with camping stuff on it, a happy easter 2009 coin, sunflower seeds which he will plant this weekend, two mice and his favorite, bugs and butterflies. Thank you Spot. 96d3e589-76a6-45be-a9f5-1ac774943b47.jpg

/quote

My grandson and nana sent there package international Was getting worried so emailed them. Got an email from the one my grandson sent to it and it arrived. The one I sent, the person hasn't been on since May 23 and hasn't replied to the email. Hope it got there. Got an email that Papa's is on its way and the one he sent has been received and posted. Thanks for the mission.

I am so sorry. I truly, truly am. :P

Firstly: Maine Family - Piglet received your very generous mission last week - (I was very naughty and stole the Earth Turtle from the package before I gave it to him! :lol: ) so we both loved his mission!

I didn't take photos because I was at work when he ripped into it (and Mr CP didn't think to take any). But Piglet loved everything in there, and I adore the 2009 Earth Turtle!! :D It's my one and only 2009, so I am thrilled to bits with it. Thank you so much for it. :huh:

Piglet loves his 'flying' nerd and has stashed it away somewhere where all his coins get hidden so that his mother cant find them. He particularly enjoyed the big people shaped balloons too, while I have been drooling all over the pictorial guide to Maine - I really want to come and visit now - I didn't realise it was so beautiful!

So again, thanks very very much - it was a really great mission for Piglet (and me!) :mad:

Secondly: My two missions were sent overseas last week. Patience grasshoppers - they are coming!

So we have:

Mission 1: Piglet

Name received: YES

Mission sent: YES

Mission received: YES - THANK YOU ! ! :o

Mission 2: Mrs CP

Name received: YES

Mission sent: YES

Mission received: Not yet

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Email sent May 2

Name received: Yes

Mission sent: Yes

Mission received: Yes

Sorry it took too long to post had to watch grandbaby for two weeks than went on vacation to get 9000. Got a nice package from Trick or Treat with notepads, two metal flowers, and night time Titanic which was on my heart desire and seek list. Now I got both the day and night time Titanic. Again I'm sorry for taking so long. Geocaching people are great group of people. Thanks for the Mission.

Email sent May 2

Sorry it took too long to post had to watch grandbaby for two weeks than went on vacation to get 9000. Got a nice package from Trick or Treat with notepads, two metal flowers, and night time Titanic which was on my heart desire and seek list. Now I got both the day and night time Titanic. Again I'm sorry for taking so long. Geocaching people are great group of people. Thanks for the Mission.

Email sent May 2

9,175?!! Holy Cow! No wonder you haven't had time to post! Enjoy the Titanic; glad I could cross something off your Heart's Desire list.

Thank you all for playing. So far I have only one package unconfirmed as sent. Now I just have to wait for all you to post received and look at the pictures.

Please remember to post here or send me an email so I can keep track.

All the best.

Turlutortue, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Thinking of you.

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

Email sent Yes

4932c0b3-5384-4ab7-9f8d-5ba57acb63b3.jpg

A very big THANK YOU to Fossillady for the awesome package she sent. I love everything in it ;) I have always been a big Smokey the Bear Fan so I am thrilled with the coin and sticker you sent, I love the butterfly scarf and I like what you wrote about the flowers and butterfly's on your nice card and last but not least I love your sig item. Its so clever with your name! Thank you for everything and making my day!!! whoohoo!!! ;)

Email sent Yes

4932c0b3-5384-4ab7-9f8d-5ba57acb63b3.jpg

A very big THANK YOU to Fossillady for the awesome package she sent. I love everything in it ;) I have always been a big Smokey the Bear Fan so I am thrilled with the coin and sticker you sent, I love the butterfly scarf and I like what you wrote about the flowers and butterfly's on your nice card and last but not least I love your sig item. Its so clever with your name! Thank you for everything and making my day!!! whoohoo!!! :D

What a nice mission! I love the butterfly scarf and the headband (is that a headband? or a necklace?). It speaks to the inner Goddess in me!