Introduction To Geocaching Video Now Available

Headhardhat

We were asked to make an introduction to geocaching video by the people of the up coming indy film "Find Me".

The idea is to give enough information about geocaching without overwhelming someone unfamiliar. It also makes a fine introductory for people who generally want to learn more about geocaching in of itself.

Our video does not give every little tid bit but should be enough for a good overview. As always if you want even more information about geocaching then geocaching.com is the place to go but this will hopefully wet your appetite.

http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/2...troduction.html

Enjoy.

-HHH :unsure:

Edited by Headhardhat

Great job!! I can't wait to see the movie!! We love Geosnippits!!

FYI: When you are talking about the first cache, you say Portland, Oregon with a "gone" sound, but we say Oregon with a "gun" sound. I woldn't mention it except it might matter in the storyline of the movie. Not a big deal unless it is set in Oregon or Washington and then we would all know. Kinda like if they called you Headhardhead--we would all know.

Again we loved it and watched it twice. Thanks for all the hard work you do. We just watched the Geosnippits about loading pq to a palm pilot. You should have seen us. We would pull up one window, watch a step of Geosnippits, pause it, pull up the other window, follow your instructions, go back and watch Geosnippits etc. It was, as you said, really hard the first time, but well worth the effort. I never would have tried that on my own, but now I feel like a pro! Thank you again for all your hard work! You have helped us love our new..."game, sport, obsession"

Another good job. Some minor points. First GPS technology for the consumer was around for many years before May of 2000. However due to something called "selective availability" they were only accurate to a few hundred feet for anybody other than the government.

What happened in May of 2000 was that the government turned off selective availability, instantly making the military grade signal available to everybody.

Also, geocoins sometimes have the tracking number on the edge rather than the face or back of the coin.

Edited by briansnat

Another good job. Some minor points. First GPS technology for the consumer was around for many years before May of 2000. However due to something called "selective availability" they were only accurate to a few hundred feet for anybody other than the government.

What happened in May of 2000 was that the government turned off selective availability, instantly making the military grade signal available to everybody.

Also, geocoins sometimes have the tracking number on the edge rather than the face or back of the coin.

Thanks as usual Briansnat, you fine folks do keep me on my toes which is exactly where it should be. When I was asked to make this video they specifically asked me not to keep it too detailed. I actually have a 90 second clip that has all that exact information but decided to keep it light for time and their specs. Also thanks for the clairification on the geocoins, I have a couple like that with the id on the side.

I'll put the note in once YouTube finishes it's maintenance.

Again thanks!

-HHH :unsure: