Geocaper IV: Mr. Boddy's Summer Gala

JavaDuck

This year's Geocaper will be on July 18th from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. The Geocaper staff have been working hard to bring you another exciting fun filled day of puzzles and other exciting surprises.

The cache page should be up by May 1st. I'll add a link as soon as it is listed.

JavaDuck

The cache page is up.

Edited by JavaDuck

Mr. Boddy apologizes for hosting is annual Summer Gala the same weekend as Champoeg. All of his other summer weekends were already filled with various social commitments. He and the Boddy staff will miss our guests that will be attending the Champoeg event.

Sincerely,

~the Butler

Mr. Boddy apologizes for hosting is annual Summer Gala the same weekend as Champoeg. All of his other summer weekends were already filled with various social commitments. He and the Boddy staff will miss our guests that will be attending the Champoeg event.

Sincerely,

~the Butler

Kryptic and I are not going to Champoeg and we would like to attend this event, so we need two or more players to make a team. Please email me through my profile or contact me through facebook. Thanks!

We have had one team spot become available for this year's Gala. We will offer the spot to a team on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested please contact me via e-mail. I will respond and notify you if you have been added to the guest list or placed on the waiting list.

~Truly,

the Butler

I have a couple spaces available on my team if anyone wants to join us.

~Cwby416~

This year's Geocaper will be on July 18th from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. The Geocaper staff have been working hard to bring you another exciting fun filled day of puzzles and other exciting surprises.

The cache page should be up by May 1st. I'll add a link as soon as it is listed.

JavaDuck

The cache page is up.

I shall be there with cwby416 as part of Dumbledore's Army!!

Now for the dumb question. This is my first Geoevent of any kind, I am a still "wet behind the ears" newbie. What kind of puzzles can one expect? I can envision college level cryptograms or trigonometry based numerical plotters, and I would be scratching my head going "HUH?" ;)

Am I in for a pound or what! :anicute:

Edited by RS67Man

Now for the dumb question. This is my first Geoevent of any kind, I am a still "wet behind the ears" newbie. What kind of puzzles can one expect? I can envision college level cryptograms or trigonometry based numerical plotters, and I would be scratching my head going "HUH?" ;)

Am I in for a pound or what! :anicute:

This event has a rating of 5 stars for difficulty.

After attending each of the last three Geocaper events, I can assure you that the 5 stars are for real!

Edited by GrnXnham

Now for the dumb question. This is my first Geoevent of any kind, I am a still "wet behind the ears" newbie. What kind of puzzles can one expect? I can envision college level cryptograms or trigonometry based numerical plotters, and I would be scratching my head going "HUH?" :P

Am I in for a pound or what! :P

This event has a rating of 5 stars for difficulty.

After attending each of the last three Geocaper events, I can assure you that the 5 stars are for real!

Thanks to JavaDuck and crew (including GrnXnham) for a stellar event! :lol: I was a rookie, and honored that last year's champs, the Urban Legends, allowed me to join their team. :) I loved the Clue theme, and the "magnifying glasses" for finding the caches, but wow, those puzzles were tough! :) But thanks to the amazing brainpower and ingenuity of my companions - FilmFans, NomadRaven, and RomulusNR - we managed to come in second with 825 points, and were the only team to have no 0's on the puzzles.

Congrats to Brumbjorn Group, this year's champs with 900 points (of a possible 1000) - you rock! :( And to all the other teams for hanging in there and having fun on a beautiful summer's day on the Tacoma waterfront!

Edited by hydnsek

Thanks to all the volunteers, the teams, and especially Nancois and TracerBullet. The Geocaper allows me to share my love of puzzles with another of my favorite things (Geocaching).

Yes, for those who are wondering, I already have ideas bouncing around in my head for next year. I promise to bring the difficulty of the puzzles down a notch or two (or maybe provide a few more clues).

Thanks again and see you next year!