mission abstinence

grodan & fiabus

Isn´t it time for another fun mission soon?

The easter and sunshine missions are soon finished and I feel there is some emptyness in me. :) Must be time for another fun mission.

I can not think of an idea right now so please help here. What mission would you want to be in? Ideas please and we´ll see what it will be. Maybe an oldie but goodie or something completely new.

grodan Karin

How about a Signiture Item Mission...

Send a coin and 2 sig items ( Whatever it may be, but small )

to the next reciepint like the witches mission. That person takes the coin and a signture item and leaves a sig item for the Mission Starter and sends the next coin. When the mission goes home, the mission starter has a new coin and a collection of Signiture Items from all over the world!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Opalsns

to the next reciepint like the witches mission. That person takes the coin and a signture item and leaves a sig item for the Mission Starter and sends the next coin. When the mission goes home, the mission starter has a new coin and a collection of Signiture Items from all over the world!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Opalsns

Hello Opalsns that sounds cool.... :)

Can you send me some information on this I would like to do one like that for kids.

My dad could help out, I am pretty handy on a computer, so he tells me I could make a list in Excel to keep track on the players.

Fredhead

how about a key-----chain coin mission. its a chain mission like the witches mission but you add a nice keychain to the loop instead of pass on a coin mabie even a TB tag to make the keychains trackable where the peps add the pic of their keychain so we know some dont go missing???

Don't know if these have been done before but.....

1. Kinda like a travel theme--the sender sends the recipient pictures/info/tourist highlights/etc of his or her town. (ie: why do people or should people travel to their town) ( I like to travel and am always looking for the next place to go)

2. A teaching theme--the sender "teaches" the recipient something they are knowledgeable about

3. Pick a color and everything that is sent coordinates with that color.

4. Something to do with animals (yeah I am and animal person)

Just a few quick ideas--love 'em, hate 'em whatever :)

Edited by blackfishorca

Don't know if these have been done before but.....

1. Kinda like a travel theme--the sender sends the recipient pictures/info/tourist highlights/etc of his or her town. (ie: why do people or should people travel to their town) ( I like to travel and am always looking for the next place to go)

This would be great! Send postcards and describe your city on the backside :) explain what is to be seen on frontside.

Great ideas so far, keep posting more ideas.

I was thinking a quick and easy mission not expensive and not a "fill-a-box-with-stuff" -mission and I see two ideas I´m going to think some more on.

For the chain-missions, I think they are great to but it was not what I had in mind but there are sure room for that too if someone feel like holding it.

I´ll do some more thinking and you do some more ideaposting, I´m sure something will come out of it.

grodan Karin

<-- needs to get signature items. These are/aren't path tags? Do they have to be trackable? Home made or minted? <feels panicky but excited at the same time>

Your signiture Item can be anything that says something about you. Something that says ... you were there.

This could be a pathtag or personal geocoin or a wooden nickel with your caching name on it or team name.

Poker Chips are becoming very popular as are home made key rings and I've even found a MAINE Playing card with a sticker of the cahers name on it. Nana puts out golf tees with her caching name on it.

With your beautiful bird, Chickahomeny, There's no end to what you could come up with.

Opalsns

Opalsns

Opalsns

Hello Opalsns that sounds cool.... :)

Can you send me some information on this I would like to do one like that for kids.

My dad could help out, I am pretty handy on a computer, so he tells me I could make a list in Excel to keep track on the players.

Fredhead

Howdy Pardner,

What I would do is start a thread reguarding the mission and what is expected of the participants. Then Have everone that would like to participate, post it here. Give a cut off date for signing up and a date the mission will start. Tell participants to make sure their on the Cachers Address List.

Then Pick someone for you to send the first coin / 2 sig items to, ( I would love to be the first recipient!!!)

post the list of interested cachers on that thread. The cacher then picks, from the list, someone to send the mission to next. All you have to do is Keep The List Updated as to who already has recieved the mission and add on stragglers along the way.

That's how I would do it.

But You may want to check with those that have already done missions like this. To Perfect it!!!!!

Good Luck ,

Opalsns

I know that with the sunshine mission one of the most common and positive things that was said was that people liked the simplicity of it, that they didn't have to go and plan and buy and buy and package and soforth and so on and then spend a lot on shipping, that it was light and easy and fun for them...

So, with that being said, how about a 'celebrating the start of caching season/weather' or 'celebrating the end of the school year' type missions with folks sending a coin and then something small for summer caching, like skeeter wipes or buji wipes or ?? but limiting it to fit in one small bubble mailer?

Another fun mission that I might just do is to 'sponsor a cache' mission where you set up a small cache (not a micro) in the other person's name and include a trackable in it and adopt the trackable and cache over to them so they have their own cache in another part of the country/world that you take on the responsibility of maintaining for them :)

.......Another fun mission that I might just do is to 'sponsor a cache' mission where you set up a small cache (not a micro) in the other person's name and include a trackable in it and adopt the trackable and cache over to them so they have their own cache in another part of the country/world that you take on the responsibility of maintaining for them smile.gif....

I like this idea!

I think I have made up my mind. I will post another thread about the mission so you others can keep on posting ideas for others to bring on. Feel free to do that and start own missions or chains.

My mission will be a quick and easy mission with short time to sign-up and about a month to send the stuff. Nothing expensive or complicated.

Keep your eyes open.

grodan Karin

Here is something I thought of, I don't know if it would work.

Think of it like a 'traveling cache'. It would have to be a chained mission, and the receiver would interact with it, like they would with a cache, and then send it to the next player.

So I was thinking it would be a medium sized sturdy box. It would contain:

1.) A log book, so when you get it you sign it and write down anything you like.

2.) A bag for swappable coins (unactivated), and you can trade out the ones that are there if you want. I would say keep 2 coins in it at all times.

3.) Another bag with travelers - I think regular travelers (TBs and geocoins) could use this method of transportation, and pick up some mileage. When you get the box, you can grab them from the previous owner and then deposit them in a real local cache (or leave them in the box for next player if preferred). I would say 2-4 travelers would be good.

4.) Swag - signature items, gifts and goodies that you would like to send to a future player.

The rules for the swappable coins and swag would be the same as a regular cache -- trade up, trade even, or don't trade. The travelers would have regular traveler rules, no swap required, but it is nice to keep something there for the next player.

I guess logistically, someone would need to manage it, and there would be a signup period to create a list of players. Each player would then send it to the next player / another player on the list. The thread would be used to manage the list, add new players, track the progress, and post pictures and news.

What do people think of this idea?