Compass Rose 2009

Boogus

Whoa!!! I was browsing the web and noticed the new 2009 Compass Rose was available for pre-order.

This new version looks mighty pretty - maybe my favorite so far.

I just wanted to let people know so they would not miss out, i think the pre-order ends on May 6 or 7.

Sorry if there is another thread started on this. Just had ot give a heads-up. I would be upset if i missed out on these. Cheers!! :unsure:

The ones that are currently listed at coins and pins are not the 'Official' 2009 Compass Rose coins. They are the 5th Anniversary Compass Rose Geocoin's. The 'Official' 2009 Compass Rose coins are not out yet, but I am hoping they will be out soon as well as everyone else here...

From coins and pins:

2009 is the fifth year of the official Compass Rose Geocoin™. This coin celebrates the anniversary by incorporating design aspects of all five years into one coin. It also adds one more special feature of an actual working magnetic compass. This is the first geocoin to have a working compass. Each coin has been given a special theme for navigation achievements world wide. We also added a black nickel Compass Rose Geocoin™ representing Black Sea navigation.

This is the first year we have designed a Compass Rose Geocoin that was not based on an actual compass rose used in navigation. Instead, the front side has a blend of designs for all five years of the previous Compass Rose Geocoins. Since this coin is introduced before the official 2009 Compass Rose Geocoin™, the fifth year design aspect is only slightly revealed. The backside shows the perils encountered when navigating the seas without good navigation tools such as the compass. From the belief of sea monsters and sirens, to storms and running aground or sinking, open water sailing was the most dangerous occupation of the time.

If anyone is buying sets of these, I would love to trade... I can't afford anymore purchases right now. I have a complete set of 5 silver musketeer that I would trade for a set of the 4 compass roses's.

Never mind... The set of 4 with the black nickel is no longer available... now just the set of 3 regular editions

Edited by teamhaynes

Now these are coins to be excited about.

I just ordered mine as well and they will fit into the collection of Official Compass Rose coins quite nicely.

They are available at Coins and Pins for those that don't know.

Can't wait for the actual 2009 version to see what that looks like, too (as mentioned, this is actually the 5th anniversary coin).

Woo hoo - a reason to wait by the mailbox again!

I'm disapointed, I was going to order one or two, but then I had an injury and lost some days there, and then the sale was over. Oops. The compass rose coins are my favorite, they are what really started my geocoin addiction problems (I looked at a 2006 in my friend The Leprechauns collection, and fell in love!). :laughing: I'd be willing to trade.

I received a single 5th Anniversary Compass Rose coin in the mail yesterday. Beautiful, but it has an air bubble in the liquid compass area. Is that normal? I don't have another to compare it to.

Yes the bubble does look like it is in all of them. I got three coins and the little air bubble is in all three.

I'm disapointed, I was going to order one or two, but then I had an injury and lost some days there, and then the sale was over. Oops. The compass rose coins are my favorite, they are what really started my geocoin addiction problems (I looked at a 2006 in my friend The Leprechauns collection, and fell in love!). :D I'd be willing to trade.

Ambrosia!!! How are you my friend??? :rolleyes:

You had an injury?? I hope you are ok now!!!

Compass rose coins are beautiful, yes! I saw one the 2007 one that I think it was the 2 tone one (antique silver with gold shipsb wheel...) WOW! :rolleyes: