Oregon Bike Mount

This is what I ordered for my mountain bike, and it works PERFECTLY. I've never had it move on me despite what type of terrain I go over. And I've no shocks/suspension on my bike. I can't come up with enough good words to say about how well it works.

RAM-HOL-GA31U $10 cradle for your Oregon

RAM-B-238U $6 ball to mate cradle to arm

RAP-B-231U $7 handlebar mount

RAM-B-201U-A $10 short arm

Ordered from The Mount Depot Thats the shortest arm they have, and both the ball for the cradle and the one on the handlebar mount are rubber, so the chances of the Oregon moving around on you are pretty much nill.

Edited by Mydnyghte

The OEM mount works pretty well. The trick is to get the zip ties tight. Use pliers to pull and a flat head screwdriver pressing against the end with the slot.

If you go with the RAM cradle, you should be able to mount it without a short arm, by using the RAP-274 or RAP-274U. I haven't tested this combination, but it looks like it would work. RAM mounts are excellent, and this may be the best solution.

If you go with the RAM cradle, you should be able to mount it without a short arm, by using the RAP-274 or RAP-274U. I haven't tested this combination, but it looks like it would work. RAM mounts are excellent, and this may be the best solution.

You are correct, I actually bought that setup for a buddy of mine for Christmas. I went with an arm for mine just so I could have a little more flexibility for positioning my GPS.

I'm still using (and liking) the Garmin mount. I'm usually a RAM mount fan, but I see no reason to go that route for the Oregon or Dakota.

I agree - I have the Oregon RAM mount on my motorcycle but the Garmin one is well made and perfectly adequate for a mountain bike or car dash.

cool. I picked up the Gramin,and I'm going to put that mount on my Titus Switchblade MTB.

I'm still using (and liking) the Garmin mount. I'm usually a RAM mount fan, but I see no reason to go that route for the Oregon or Dakota.

I agree - I have the Oregon RAM mount on my motorcycle but the Garmin one is well made and perfectly adequate for a mountain bike or car dash.

What mount are you using and where did you get it? I'm also interested in what bike you've got and how it attaches as I want to mount my Oregon onto my cbr.

What mount are you using and where did you get it? I'm also interested in what bike you've got and how it attaches as I want to mount my Oregon onto my cbr.

I have an F800GS BMW and use the RAM mount which I bought from GPSCity.ca

ramholga31.jpg

Click the image above to go to the site.

Check out their selection of bike mounts - you could find something very inconspicuous for your bike.

This is what it looks like on the F800:

4129042785_d614877bb6.jpg

I use this Garmin cable to power the gps from my Battery Tender connector.

4129802566_8b2659c170_o.jpg

But this is more like your CBR - my wife's Oregon is mounted on her TT600 Triumph:

DSC00127.JPG

Does RAM make one? They have routinely good quality.

This is a great post.....although old it is good since it provided information for me to secure needed components to attach my GPS to my bike.

I also have an Oregon 400 and do a do a lot of my caching while cycling. There appears to be a ton of solutions, some better than others.. So what I look for are single points of failure where my expensive GPS could hit the ground if the mount broke. (Not Good) and versatility.

Solution:

1. Garmin's bike mount.... some have posted that it does a good job... I believe them but believe there is a better system. This one is least expensive... about 10.00

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11411

2. There are 3 Ram systems.

A: RAM Mount Garmin Oregon Bike Mount RAP-274-1-GA31U

Everything you need. Single point of failure. The spring loaded mount. At 18.00 +shipping this is a good deal and will do a great job.

B: Multiple pieces to this system and posted earlier.

- RAM-HOL-GA31U

- RAM Mount Diamond Plate with 1 inch Ball RAM-B-238U

- RAM Mount Plastic Rail Mount Base with 1 inch Ball

- RAM Mount Short Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U-A

Good solid system and providing the greatest flexibility due to the 1" balls. Also the most expensive. 32.00

C. Just two pieces to this system.

- RAM-HOL-GA31U

- RAP-274U

All said and done it price and how this mount will function it is not much different than option A. But it is more secure and does not have limited possibility for failure.

Depending your needs will depend on the option you choose. I have chosen option B under the RAM Solutions. I like the versatility.