Cache Type Change

you can change the cache size, however i thnk you would just need to send a message to your cache reviewer to get it changed. I know a couple caches in my area that used to be micros but kept getting muggled but they felt the area still needed a cache and now they are virtuals. I would guess that just asking would do the trick :unsure:

you can change the cache size, however i thnk you would just need to send a message to your cache reviewer to get it changed. I know a couple caches in my area that used to be micros but kept getting muggled but they felt the area still needed a cache and now they are virtuals. I would guess that just asking would do the trick :unsure:

1. Any cache owner can modify the cache size from the cache page. Simple, no permission required.

2. If you contact the reviewer, and they agree, a reviewer can change the Cache Type - from Multi to Traditional, or Puzzle to Traditional. We will be seeing a bunch of this as former ALR caches listed under Puzzles get converted to Traditionals. Cache Owners can't change the Cache Type themselves.

3. You can't list new Virtuals at gc.com. Changing the page on a muggled cache to make it a "virtual" does not make it so. That is just lazy maintenance and confusing to seekers who expect to find a cache there. Any cache that has been changed into a "virtual" by the CO should be archived ASAP. If the CO really feels the spot deserves a cache they better figure out how to hide one in a sistainable way. Or they can turn the spot into a virtual waypoint to start of a multi.

I'd file a "Needs Archived" on such caches in a heartbeat!

How can I do if I want to show a local where I can't put a container but just 100 meters away?
Create a multi-cache with a "Question to Answer" waypoint at the interesting location. They get information at that location, and the information takes them to the cache location.

3. You can't list new Virtuals at gc.com. Changing the page on a muggled cache to make it a "virtual" does not make it so. That is just lazy maintenance and confusing to seekers who expect to find a cache there. Any cache that has been changed into a "virtual" by the CO should be archived ASAP. If the CO really feels the spot deserves a cache they better figure out how to hide one in a sistainable way. Or they can turn the spot into a virtual waypoint to start of a multi.

Perhaps those caches were converted to true virts before the category was nixed?

There's a virtual close to me that was converted from a traditional cache in 2002.

But yeah, if somebody self-converted a cache listed as a traditional to a rogue virtual, that'd be confusing.

Edited by wubbh