Geocaching on Google Earth

Dang that's disappointing. I thought it was weird when the mapping feature wasn't on my profile page anymore. I thought maybe they just moved it...oh well. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm not sure about the original feature but if you load a pocket query into mapsource (not sure if you have that) you can view all those waypoints in google earth. It's a workaround/kluge I guess but maybe would be enough for ya :laughing: At least it gets those caches loaded into google earth!

I'm not sure about the original feature but if you load a pocket query into mapsource (not sure if you have that) you can view all those waypoints in google earth. It's a workaround/kluge I guess but maybe would be enough for ya :laughing: At least it gets those caches loaded into google earth!

Not sure why you'd involve Mapsource in that. You've always been able to drag a PQ into Earth and get basic information. As of 4.3 (I don't think it was in 4.2) you can drag a PQ into Earth and get reasonably "geocaching-y" pages.

Not sure why you'd involve Mapsource in that. You've always been able to drag a PQ into Earth and get basic information. As of 4.3 (I don't think it was in 4.2) you can drag a PQ into Earth and get reasonably "geocaching-y" pages.

Thanks for the info. Glad to learn something new. In my professional life, I'm used to dealing with data in a more raw form and writing software to deal with it. In this case, I suggested mapsource because that's a way that I knew would work and mapsource is one of the rare, generally available consumer-level programs with which I have experience in GPS data visualization. Glad to hear that there is a more elegant and straightforward method to working it.... I just don't work with Google Earth's specifics and am too new to the hobby to know all of the ins and outs of the way Google Earth can handle PQs. I instruct my local affiliates in Guatemala on how to use Mapsouce, including its ability to interface with Google Earth... that's the reason I would "involve" it.... Cheers.