Attribute Suggestion: TRAFFIC!

BareFeat

Hello all!

Some of the caches i've placed recently have very fast moving traffic near them. I could have picked different spots. But there are parking areas, and trails and you like to think everyone will think "safety first".

Sorry if there is a section this should have gone in. I couldnt find one.

Any one agree that "TRAFFIC" would be a decent attribute to add to the list?

Guideline suggestion: TRAFFIC!

No caches that require or involve risk of getting hit by a car. I decline to hunt caches all the time since they are too close to a road. I'll be the first to jump in line for not having too many guidelines, but in my opinion roads are more hazardous than train tracks.

Guideline suggestion: TRAFFIC!

No caches that require or involve risk of getting hit by a car. I decline to hunt caches all the time since they are too close to a road. I'll be the first to jump in line for not having too many guidelines, but in my opinion roads are more hazardous than train tracks.

The guidelines regarding railroads has nothing to do with danger. It is about trespassing on railroad right of way.

Edit to add the following quote from another thread.

1. Caches aren't "approved." They are published if they meet the site's listing guidelines. I publish many caches that I do not "approve of." One reason to avoid the word "approved" is to dispel any false sense that the listing service has endorsed the placement.

2. Read the listing guidelines top to bottom and try to find the word "safety" or "safe." You won't. You will see the word "danger" just once -- where the guidelines talk about how muggles perceive our activities as possibly being dangerous. The guidelines do not regulate safety; otherwise, I have a lot of terrain 5 caches to go archive.

We now return yo to your regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by gof1

Deep down I agree with your statement gof1, still that other part of me wonders where people's common sense went. I've heard more about train tracks being dangerous than about trespassing, so that was just a pre-conception on my part.

Put me on as one more vote for a TRAFFIC attribute. I like to know before I go to the trouble of driving up to a cache I won't hunt.

Hello all!

Some of the caches i've placed recently have very fast moving traffic near them. I could have picked different spots. But there are parking areas, and trails and you like to think everyone will think "safety first".

Well, my recommendation is that you go out right away and move your caches to those different spots - especially if they are safer, more scenic, more enjoyable places to find a cache!! That will solve the issue you have.

Just my opinion though :laughing:

Annie

lol

The areas happen to be VERY scenic, fishing areas mainly. One i did last nite has barely a car on it from 6am=3pm then the "commuters" claim their turf. And the speed limit is 20 or less however, not everyone obeys the rules. Also the idea was that people with small children might want to be fore-warned. Not that an adult would fall into traffic. hahahah funny stuff.

:laughing:

Railroad tracks hahah, i placed one within 20 yards and was denied. Yet ive walked into central station in worcester and had to physically walk out on the T platform to find one once. YIKES!

feels like a good day for trolling, gonna be 80 here. Course my trolling will be in the water. :laughing:

Edited by BareFeat