What is the yuckiest thing you have had to remove from your cache?

CCWelch

I know of a cache owner who's had to deal with poo in one of their ammo cans. Hate to be the person who opened it after the evil dooers did the deed. :laughing:

A local caching friend reported finding what they believed to be urine in the first stage of one of my multis. Believe it or not the first stage is a film can. Why would anyone even think to do that?

I've found tampons many times in my caches. At first I considered removing them, then thought that heck, maybe they could come in handy for someone.

I found this site recently

"How to make a basic first aid kit for your home."

"Tampons - Useful for stemming blood-flow from puncture wounds (animal bites) and if cut in half are extremely effective for relieving epistaxis (nosebleed)."

MrsB

Go check out the last couple logs on this cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3e-73c48bc5f04d

Sadly the owner may want to put on some good heavy rubber gloves and make absolute sure the trackables aren't in there. If someone hates geocachers that much they may have left the trackables and defecated on them as well.

Uh, nope. If that was my cache, then those trackables are gone. I am NOT digging through feces to find a TB (and maybe get TB!), then have clean and sterilize it and HOPE I did a good job before releasing it back into the wild. Too unsanitary, that whole cashe is going in a dumpster.

I used to get that Bubble Goo in my Ammo Cans. That stuff kids blow bubbles with...the containers would freeze and break the plastic bottle when it got cold...then leak out as it warmed.

Gringo, your avatar pierces my soul with it's Godless gaze... It scares me.

The small Avatar takes away from my Elegance.

You can always go to my profile and check out my Homepage to see that I'm actually smiling at you.

Funny story related to this thread from today:

We are working on an "anti-micro" challenge put forth by a local cacher, and thus we had some lovely hikes in the woods today to search for some great small and regular sized caches.

One of them was GC1BYRB, which is hidden in an old boot. (Not a spoiler, it's mentioned on the cache page). I pulled the container out of the boot, and saw a BIG BROWN SLIMY thing stuck to the cache.

My brain immediately thought of this thread (which I had just finished reading this morning before we left), and I shrieked and dropped the container thinking I had just found a cache that had been poo'ed in.

I realized that there was no poo attached to the cache, but it was a great big slug!!! Hubby and I had a great laugh about this one.

Edited to include the picture of the slug:

2q1b0jk.jpg

Ha Ha!!

-Rozie

Edited by nymphnsatyr

We are working on an "anti-micro" challenge put forth by a local cacher, and thus we had some lovely hikes in the woods today to search for some great small and regular sized caches.

One of them was GC1BYRB, which is hidden in an old boot. (Not a spoiler, it's mentioned on the cache page). I pulled the container out of the boot, and saw a BIG BROWN SLIMY thing stuck to the cache.

My brain immediately thought of this thread (which I had just finished reading this morning before we left), and I shrieked and dropped the container thinking I had just found a cache that had been poo'ed in.

I realized that there was no poo attached to the cache, but it was a great big slug!!! Hubby and I had a great laugh about this one.

2q1b0jk.jpg

Ha Ha!!

-Rozie

Holy Cow that slug is huge!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2q1b0jk.jpg

Ha Ha!!

-Rozie

LOL, I saw the picture and said to myself "That has to be in the Pacific NW!", and then I looked at your location! BINGO!

Ha Ha!!

-Rozie

LOL, I saw the picture and said to myself "That has to be in the Pacific NW!", and then I looked at your location! BINGO!

Welcome to our world, and that's just a bitty little one :(

Ha Ha!!

-Rozie

Welcome to our world, and that's just a bitty little one :P

Yep, we moved here from Denver in January. They don't make slugs like them in Denver... that's for sure.

-Rozie

We've only been at this a month so not much yucky stuff so far. We did find a condom (still wrapped thank goodness) in one of the caches. Oh and recently i found some chocolate in one. Luckily it was still cold out so it hadn't melted yet...(no ants on it either...ugh)

Go check out the last couple logs on this cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3e-73c48bc5f04d

Sadly the owner may want to put on some good heavy rubber gloves and make absolute sure the trackables aren't in there. If someone hates geocachers that much they may have left the trackables and defecated on them as well.

Uh, nope. If that was my cache, then those trackables are gone. I am NOT digging through feces to find a TB (and maybe get TB!), then have clean and sterilize it and HOPE I did a good job before releasing it back into the wild. Too unsanitary, that whole cashe is going in a dumpster.

Had I been the unlucky finder of such a surprise I would have dumpsterized it for the owner. I would not leave that for anyone else to find. If the cache owner was upset by that I'd offer to replace it, but no way the next cacher to come along would find it in that condition.