Retrieving a coin from an "unknown location"

The Graystone Gopher

I am the owner of a coin (Horses of the World - QH) that went missing for a period of time. After several emails from others that it was not in the cache it was last logged into, I decided to mark it "missing". It was then removed from the cache, which changed it's status to "location unknown".

Several months later I got an emai from someone that they had retrieved my coin and forgot to log it out. At that point they had placed in in another cache (GCHHKV) but they could not log it as it was no longer listed in their inventory since I had changed it to missing. I am also unable to to drop the coin in the cache and the "return to previous cache" does not work either. It simply reloads the page and still shows as missing... any suggestions? Thanks!

From the drop down menu (where you moved it to "unknown location") I believe there is a choice to return it to its previous location (the cache it went missing from). From there you can have the cacher retrieve and drop it (give them the tracking number) - or you can retrieve and drop it yourself.

I'm pretty sure this will work because I've done it before. If my memory serves, that is what I did.

Congrats on getting your coin back out traveling. :laughing: