Is there a geocaching app for the Blackberry

Thanks for the help. I looked at the link and it appears to be more like using a Palm PDA and not the same type of app I have on my I-phone. Unlike the I-phone, you have to run a PQ and download to the Blackberry before leaving the house and you are not able to find the caches from wherever you are at. Is this correct? Thanks - CachinSpree

Thanks for the help. I looked at the link and it appears to be more like using a Palm PDA and not the same type of app I have on my I-phone. Unlike the I-phone, you have to run a PQ and download to the Blackberry before leaving the house and you are not able to find the caches from wherever you are at. Is this correct? Thanks - CachinSpree

Thats right and it's wrong as well :D:D

You can open up the Blackberry browser and go to geocacheingdot com and view the cache listings . When you click on the GPX Exchange file it will down load it into the Cacheberry database.Then you can go find the cache (compass view in the latest versoin) write the cache log in the field , email it to your desktop to upload later or log it straight from your Blackberry .Advantage over the Iphone (I think) is that you can store the cachelists offline - ie load the PQ's at home and even if there is no signal you can still pull up the listing and go looking for it.

As far as I know you can only load 20 nearest caches into BStar .I have a BB Storm with CacheBerry and have all caches for the island of Ireland stored offline (around 3000 caches). When away from home I can use the GPS function in the Phone to sort the caches relative to my GPS position.

I might do a step by step walk through of cacheberry later on tonight as so many people are asking about it lately.

I might do a step by step walk through of cacheberry later on tonight as so many people are asking about it lately.

Yes please. About to get a Bold. Not getting rid of the 60CSx mind you, but I would like to know how I can carry all of New Zealand's caches with me (just under 5000) and use the BB to access the pages off-line. (Where I live, you can lose mobile coverage about 30 mins driving out of town :(

That way I migth retire my iPAQ with BeelineGPS.

Edited by beltfamily

Yes please. About to get a Bold. Not getting rid of the 60CSx mind you, but I would like to know how I can carry all of New Zealand's caches with me (just under 5000) and use the BB to access the pages off-line. (Where I live, you can lose mobile coverage about 30 mins driving out of town :(

That way I migth retire my iPAQ with BeelineGPS.

I have loaded over 2000 cache listings into cacheberry and it holds the whole cache listing and hints. The program will also e-mail you your finds for the day when you mark it as found. It will hold all the caches your sd card will allow as it merges the .gpx files together when you impot them.

It's goto compass is great too, I frequently leave my GPS at home and just go out with the BB. Easier to be casual seeking an urban cache with just your cell in your hand.

It depends on which BlackBerry you have and your cell phone provider. We have BB Storm with Verizon and have just started using the CacheBerry application as well as Geocaching Navigator. Both have their advantages. With CB you can load PQ's before you go out caching; whereas with GN it connects to GC.com and finds what's closest to you at that time. GN currently only works with Verizon's BB Storm (according to their website) but the forums say it may work with the new Tour as well. With GN you can click "found" and it sends a field note to your geocaching account that you can edit and post when you get back to a computer or go to your browser and do it from the BB. With CB it handles "founds" differently and you can edit notes. I haven't used this feature yet, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Cache_Venturers