upgrade to premium

thefold

Hi -

I have been trying to upgrade to premium, but everytime I am logged in and I put in my cc info, etc and hit submit button, it just goes back to the main page - no error or anyting.

I tried 2 differt PC's and IE & firefox.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Did you have any luck? I also tried different browsers.

Hi -

I have been trying to upgrade to premium, but everytime I am logged in and I put in my cc info, etc and hit submit button, it just goes back to the main page - no error or anyting.

I tried 2 differt PC's and IE & firefox.

Thanks

I have the same problem!

I was premium member, but yesterday it was done. I have instructed that automaticly update to a new Premiummembership. But now i am not Premiummember :unsure: And i must have this NOW!!!! Then i go to holiday to America and i must download the Pocketqueries.

So, and now i can't renew my Membership :D Please help!!!!!!

I have found the option: "Send a Premiummember gift to another Geocacher".

So i have send a gift to myself....and now i am a premium member :D

But on the normal way....no chance....not with 3 different Creditcards, 3 differnt PCs and 2 different Browsers :unsure: I hope next year it's better!!!!! Every year this troubles are bad.

That worked perfectly, thanks!

I have found the option: "Send a Premiummember gift to another Geocacher".

So i have send a gift to myself....and now i am a premium member :D

But on the normal way....no chance....not with 3 different Creditcards, 3 differnt PCs and 2 different Browsers :unsure: I hope next year it's better!!!!! Every year this troubles are bad.

I too had the problem of being dumped out of the system without my CC payment taking effect. Tried the gift certificate method as well, and while the purchase of the certificate was successful and my CC billed, the redeeming part of the transaction is not working. Time after time, I have the order come back as "declined", even though I'm redeeming a valid gift certificate.

I tell ya.... These guys run a really rank amatuer operation here, and seem to care little to none that so many people are getting frustrated and pi$$ed off.

We are very concerned about this situation and working on a fix to deploy as soon as possible. I'm so sorry for the trouble.

In the latest update to the site we introduced a number of new membership features and some aren't playing very nicely with the payment system. It is one of those issues that unfortunately don't become known until the changes are live. Nevertheless, we plan to have a fix out very shortly.

If you have any specific concerns about payments you have made please send an email to contact@geocaching.com with your payment details and Jessie or Alli will be more than happy to help.

We are very concerned about this situation and working on a fix to deploy as soon as possible. I'm so sorry for the trouble.

In the latest update to the site we introduced a number of new membership features and some aren't playing very nicely with the payment system. It is one of those issues that unfortunately don't become known until the changes are live. Nevertheless, we plan to have a fix out very shortly.

If you have any specific concerns about payments you have made please send an email to contact@geocaching.com with your payment details and Jessie or Alli will be more than happy to help.

Can you please send me email when it's fixed to my email address in my gc.com profiel?

Thanks

Just wondering what the status of fixing this issue is?? I sent in an email a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back quite yet, and honestly with the weekend approaching, I'm getting anxious to get my ability to run pocket queries back. So, mainly, I just wanted to check and see what progress was being made...

Hi -

I am STILL having problems - I still can not get the upgrade to premium to work.

I put in my CC info, and click submit. It just instantly takes me back to the page I came from.

I tried it with IE6, IE 8, and FF 3.0.9 and FF 1.0.10

I would try the gift certificate to myself, but that's only for the 1 year, and I just want to do the 3 months for now.

PLEASE help!

Thanks!

Hang in there, TheFold. We have been able to successfully reproduce this issue in-house using your account. There's something going on with yours and a few others that is causing this behavior. Dev is looking at it now and we will hopefully have a fix shortly.

It turns out that this issue affects only those accounts that at one time had recurring membership set up through PayPal, but allowed that to expire. A fix has been made, but won't be rolled out until the next monthly site update (still a couple of weeks away). If you need to upgrade your membership before then, sending a gift subscription to yourself as mentioned above is a valid work-around, or you can contact customer service for help.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Hi,

I just attempted the workaround of sending yourself a gift subscription and it seemed to only partially work. Under account details it says I am a premium member. However, I cannot create any pocket queries because it says I am not a premium member.

I used to have a paypal subscription that has since been allowed to expire.

I am having this issue. I was a premium member, allow it to expire. But when I enter new CC information, it just takes it.... but nothing happens. I cannot do premium stuff (so I know it didn't work) I am going to do the gift card... but head up that it is still not quite perfect yet.

We are very concerned about this situation and working on a fix to deploy as soon as possible. I'm so sorry for the trouble. ....

Everything should be working as it is intended now so please go about your business as usual. If you have any difficulty please let us know by emailing customer support (contact@geocaching.com) or by posting here. Thanks!

Wow... start interrupting the flow of cash for caches and TPTB get things fixed pronto! Make sure you email if you have any other problems sending them money!

(This was intended as a humor post, BTW. I know every business needs money to operate.)

I am having this issue. I was a premium member, allow it to expire. But when I enter new CC information, it just takes it.... but nothing happens. I cannot do premium stuff (so I know it didn't work) I am going to do the gift card... but head up that it is still not quite perfect yet.

See my comments in post #15 - the roll-out of the fix to the site is still a few days away (it is not an issue that can be quickly hotfixed, so we will roll it out with the monthly site update).

It turns out that this issue affects only those accounts that at one time had recurring membership set up through PayPal, but allowed that to expire. A fix has been made, but won't be rolled out until the next monthly site update (still a couple of weeks away). If you need to upgrade your membership before then, sending a gift subscription to yourself as mentioned above is a valid work-around, or you can contact customer service for help.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Thank you for that workaround.

It was exactly that problem with a recurring membership through PayPal that was allowed to expire (due to a change of credit-card) that had happened to me. But thanks to a gift to myself, yay :( I'm on track again.

/René