Newbie Questions

Moss Troopers

We're working on our first earth cache and have a couple questions.

If I want to place a cache in a provincial park, the provincial parks division has a written geocaching policy, and the planned earth cache adheres to this policy, does this count as written approval or do I need to seek further permission to place the cache?

I’d like to add images and other html to the cache page, does the submittal form recognize html? Also, I’d like to preview the html before it gets published to be sure I didn’t make any mistakes. How do I do this?

Thanks

I’d like to add images and other html to the cache page, does the submittal form recognize html? Also, I’d like to preview the html before it gets published to be sure I didn’t make any mistakes. How do I do this?

Thanks

What I do is create a new cache like I would for a trad etc, then I can see the pics etc, then copy/paste into EC submittal form when Im happy with it. Also means I have a back up copy.

I would take the written policy as approval. I would submit it referencing the location of the geocaching policy in the notes to reviewer and see what happens. I would expect it to go through.

The EarthCache submittal form will accept the html as text only. The EarthCache reviewer just takes what you submitted and pastes it into the geocaching page.

Unlike The WonderStuff. I do all the html editing after it has been published. I've had only 1 person make it to an EarthCache before I've made the edits.

I would take the written policy as approval. I would submit it referencing the location of the geocaching policy in the notes to reviewer and see what happens. I would expect it to go through.

The EarthCache submittal form will accept the html as text only. The EarthCache reviewer just takes what you submitted and pastes it into the geocaching page.

Unlike The WonderStuff. I do all the html editing after it has been published. I've had only 1 person make it to an EarthCache before I've made the edits.

TerryDad2 is quite right.

It makes it harder than a traditional cache submission but you must do most of the editing after you have adopted the cache from Geoaware. Like TerryDad2, I have had one geocacher get to my cache before I got the chance but many have read the page (email alerts) before I had the chance at an edit. Kinda of awkward but you can't get anything but the text just right before submission and it seems like I always submit with at least one misspelling! :D

I e-mailed earthcache.org and got a response from geoaware saying, "We understand that BC Provincial Parks has a blanket permission in place. This will be sufficient for your submittal."

I think I'll make up a dummy page on geocache and make sure my image tags and links are working, then I clean up anything else that might be needed after it comes out.

Thanks for the help

I e-mailed earthcache.org and got a response from geoaware saying, "We understand that BC Provincial Parks has a blanket permission in place. This will be sufficient for your submittal."

I think I'll make up a dummy page on geocache and make sure my image tags and links are working, then I clean up anything else that might be needed after it comes out.

Thanks for the help

Wouldn't that be nice if the US National Park Service would do that. Sigh...

Thanks for the help

Go for it and good luck! :P