Additional Filters For Premium Members On Map Search

obsidianspider

This may or may not be difficult to do, and I realize it can be done with a pocket query, but in addition to the different types of caches (traditional, multi, etc.) on the search map what do you think about adding the ability to search by cache size and also to toggle premium member only caches?

I realize that "regular" members can't see premium member only caches on the map, but as a premium member, it would be nice to be able to see which caches are for premium members only so it would be easier to find home for travel bugs, etc. Searching by cache size would also make it easier to know if you should be taking out some trading/trackable items when going out caching. (I remember reading that one person has been holding on to a travel bug attached to a license plate because he can't find a cache big enough to put it in!)

Two sort of related things to keep in mind;

- Most of the caches I have done or seen that are PM are micro. I may have read wrong, but your message appears that possibly you think there is a higher probability of it being larger. You will still need to check the size if you are looking for TB drop potential.

- Make sure you check the TB mission. While not a requirement to follow, many TB's are now asking not to be hidden in TB hotels, PMOC and the like in an effort to keep them moving.

Slightly OT, but just an FYI.

Edited by baloo&bd

This may or may not be difficult to do, and I realize it can be done with a pocket query, but in addition to the different types of caches (traditional, multi, etc.) on the search map what do you think about adding the ability to search by cache size and also to toggle premium member only caches?

I realize that "regular" members can't see premium member only caches on the map, but as a premium member, it would be nice to be able to see which caches are for premium members only so it would be easier to find home for travel bugs, etc. Searching by cache size would also make it easier to know if you should be taking out some trading/trackable items when going out caching. (I remember reading that one person has been holding on to a travel bug attached to a license plate because he can't find a cache big enough to put it in!)

... add to this list the ability to filter out the caches that I've already selected to ignore but show up on the map anyway. But perhaps a way to cover all the bases is an individual check box by each cache on the list along the right side of the map to delete that cache icon from the map.

... add to this list the ability to filter out the caches that I've already selected to ignore but show up on the map anyway. But perhaps a way to cover all the bases is an individual check box by each cache on the list along the right side of the map to delete that cache icon from the map.

Add my name to the list of those wanting the ability to have IGNORED caches filtered from the Google maps.... while you're at it, a bigger ignore list and easier ability to 'mass' ignore caches. There is sooo much chaff out there it's going to take hours and hours just to filter it out.