Missing Emails

Peter & Di

Is anyone else having a problem receiving and/or sending emails through the site? We discovered that a couple of emails sent as contacts to other members through their profiles were never received by them at the weekend. Also we had a new series of 10 caches published a few days ago and although each finder (bar one) has logged all 10 caches, we have only received emails for some of them. According to our emails one finder only got one of the caches, but on checking the logs on the cache pages, he had indeed found all 10.

This has been reported by a lot of people AND I think it was fixed in Tuesday's update.

I did not get an email notification yesterday of a new cache that was published 2 miles from me, and I did not receive an email when someone logged a find on one of my caches. This was just yesterday, Wednesday, so something is still not working right.

This has been reported by a lot of people AND I think it was fixed in Tuesday's update.

Unfortunately only had time for a quick look before going into work, and couldn't see anything relating to the topic. I've now looked and managed to find one previous post on page 2 re the same problem.

The latest missing emails we know about were Wednesday night.

Is anyone else having a problem receiving and/or sending emails through the site? We discovered that a couple of emails sent as contacts to other members through their profiles were never received by them at the weekend. Also we had a new series of 10 caches published a few days ago and although each finder (bar one) has logged all 10 caches, we have only received emails for some of them. According to our emails one finder only got one of the caches, but on checking the logs on the cache pages, he had indeed found all 10.

I know there was some kind of issue but I'll ask anyway - who is your email provider??

Sadly some ISPs and bulk email providers have been known to throttle the rate at which they accept emails from Groundspeak or they block them altogether. It has happened before and will likely happen again. This can lead to strange unpredictable results. Not groundspeaks fault at all.

On the other hand.......hard to say.

I just came to the website to see if anyone else was having the same issue. I missed out on a couple of new caches in the area because I didn't get an email notification. Also 2 cachers found and logged separate finds on one of my caches but I only got one owner notification yesterday.

I'm starting to see a pattern here!

I've sent several emails to other GC.com members and heard nothing back. I wondered if they were rude or just not getting around to answering there email. (a little of both I think)

But this entire PQ issue was driving me crazy!

So I created a new account with a different provider and whala! Email with my PQ's in them, and almost instantly!

So after reading this post I think there is a problem with my MSN account blocking some of my mail, and also a problem with GC.com sending them

. :anicute:

I'm starting to see a pattern here!

I've sent several emails to other GC.com members and heard nothing back. I wondered if they were rude or just not getting around to answering there email. (a little of both I think)

But this entire PQ issue was driving me crazy!

So I created a new account with a different provider and whala! Email with my PQ's in them, and almost instantly!

So after reading this post I think there is a problem with my MSN account blocking some of my mail, and also a problem with GC.com sending them

. :anicute:

yup - MSN has been known to block all or just part of groundspeaks email - just doesn't play well together. It isn't groundspeaks fault - these bulk providers sometimes adopt odd policeis about junk. I know because I run several businesses email servers.