What's Your Age?, A Poll

Thot

A couple of years ago I started a poll to learn the ages of geocachers. It turned out to be popular and over time collected almost 10000 answers, giving a good feel for average ages. The website that I used for the poll went belly-up within the last few weeks. So, I am starting over. This time I'll take screen captures periodically so we don't lose all the results.

So, I'm asking everyone to give there age one more time, so we can again have some idea of the pattern of geocacher ages.

So Click Here and enter your age anonymously.

Then look at the results to see the pattern.

Also, post something here saying you did it so this thread won't slide off the radar screen.

Is anybody keeping a toll? I often wonder about the demographics of geocaching. I keep hearing these forum posts about "caching with our kids", but when I attend local events, I realize that many of those "kids" themselves are almost retired (well, OK... I might be stretching it just a bit there)

Has anybody tallied these counts up? I would love to have an idea of the age demographics of gecocaching (as, I'm sure, would Groundspeak!!!)

Well if everyone went to the poll posted in the original post then the figures are as follows...

12-20 7% 54

21-30 16% 125

31-40 24% 186

41-50 26% 199

51-60 16% 120

61-70 8% 64

71-80 2% 12

81-90 1% 5

> 90 0% 1

Has anybody tallied these counts up? I would love to have an idea of the age demographics of gecocaching (as, I'm sure, would Groundspeak!!!)

Well if everyone went to the poll posted in the original post then the figures are as follows...

12-20 7% 54

21-30 16% 125

31-40 24% 186

41-50 26% 199

51-60 16% 120

61-70 8% 64

71-80 2% 12

81-90 1% 5

> 90 0% 1

Wow!!! Great work, Bittsen!

That pretty closely matches my subjective opinion based on cachers met and events attended. Very few of us really have kids tagging along, no matter how often that comes up in the swag postings.

Are you serious? You really went through every post and tallied it?

Of course, we do need to remember that those are only the cachers that read and post to the forum and would answer a question like that. Still...

12-20 7% 54

21-30 16% 125

31-40 24% 186

41-50 26% 199

51-60 16% 120

61-70 8% 64

71-80 2% 12

81-90 1% 5

> 90 0% 1

Wow!!! Great work, Bittsen!

That pretty closely matches my subjective opinion based on cachers met and events attended. Very few of us really have kids tagging along, no matter how often that comes up in the swag postings.

Are you serious? You really went through every post and tallied it?

Of course, we do need to remember that those are only the cachers that read and post to the forum and would answer a question like that. Still...

No, I didn't go through all the posts. I just copied the data from the stats page. Didn't you know it was a real poll?

http://www.factsfacts.com/geocaching/GeocacherAges.htm

Just click on "view stats" on the page and you will have the results (as accurate as they can be with only some people actually responding and the ability to post in the poll more than once)

Done.

To bad I couldn't enter the kids (11 and 6).

Yes we do cache together often and no we do not go to events.

Why do people not seem to believe that people do not really cache with kids, just because they don't see them at cache events. You know a lot of kids play sports and are therefore busy in the weekends. Also I have the feeling that the events are not really for kids anyway. I might be wrong, but that is just the feeling I get.

Just my 2 cents worth on the matter

Orange butterfly

EDIT:

My original post wasn't really fair. . .

I'm not fond of ad sponsored surveys. If you just want to collect the data - I have a survey application loaded on my personal webspace.

PM me if you would like me to host it in an ad free zone. . .

Just remember, most of the stuff that you do on the web is free because of ads.

I would have thought a lot of retired people traveling would be into caching.

But then a lot of older people are not into computers.

Being retired We travel about 10,000 a yr.

Mn. state parks have caching that lead me to this site.

Have not made my first find yet.

have a good hunt, BMB

Edited by bedbug-43