Google Street View

Yesterday, my caching pal Red Squirrel UK (who happens to be a taxi driver, so is out and about quite a bit) mentioned she reckoned she'd seen the Google camera car in Hamworthy, Poole, near the Royal Marine Base earlier in the day.

I asked for evidence ... pictures ... none offered! So we had a bit of a joke about it and that was that!

Today, she comes round to my house again and claims to have seen the car again ... evidence? Yes! *

She saw him in the street where she lives and nipped indoors and got her camera and took pix of him taking pix of her. Trisha even had a chat with him, and apparently Poole will be online in about three months.

Here's the evidence!

da58489d-104d-4384-8646-58d7eef90ecb.jpg

57679c83-add2-4ca8-b003-6aa20cbb3e42.jpg

1822efe0-8940-45a4-a036-354bf8ede647.jpg

fb428f69-e446-4d48-9ce3-2a360264b7c6.jpg

* No caches were compromised in the taking of these photographs! :)

What you need to do if you see one and are photographed is to run through the alleyway between two roads and be photographed again as it comes down that road, then try and get onto another road as it goes by. Planned carefully you (and your multiple selfs) could be on all the streets at the same time.

Chris (MrB)

What you need to do if you see one and are photographed is to run through the alleyway between two roads and be photographed again as it comes down that road, then try and get onto another road as it goes by. Planned carefully you (and your multiple selfs) could be on all the streets at the same time.

Chris (MrB)

....and if you take an artist's pad and a thick marker pen with you, you can spell out rude words!

:D

Mike

Of course you should have blurred the driver's face and his numberplate just like they have done on every single person and car on streetview... :D Well, when I say every I mean apart from the 1000s of complaints, obviously.

I can't believe that Manchester Police one doesn't topple over!

Edited by HouseOfDragons

Of course you should have blurred the driver's face and his numberplate just like they have done on every single person and car on streetview... :D Well, when I say every I mean apart from the 1000s of complaints, obviously.

I can't believe that Manchester Police one doesn't topple over!

Some councils already use Smart cars with cameras to track parking and bus lane offences.

Exeter's had cameras in white vans doing the same thing for the past year or so....... they just drive around and around the city all day filming the on street parking. I pity the poor s*ds that have to sit in front of a screen waiting for a hit. Must almost make cricket look exciting

Edited by keehotee

Chris (MrB)

:unsure: ROFLMAO. that reminds me of the photo Lord Elph and his multiple selfs in his lounge :yikes:

Streetview can be fun!

Follow the road forward, past the parade and on until you come to Sampsonia Way / Arch St,

That's one big bird :lol::sad:

Cool, I love it, it just makes no sense! but did anyone spot this - just before the big bird, what was the guy doing under the brown bollard disguise, with the word HAM on it?...

Hope it's not that swine flu mutating again... :D

AS we're about to lose worldwide GP coverage( :laughing:B)<_< ) Google are very kindly mapping the whole country off-road as well, so we'll still be able t put caches out ;)

Extra points are available for not only getting yourself on one of these pics - but also running around and around the trike really fast to see how many you's you can get in one shot .. :wacko::lol::laughing:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2009/m...gle-street-view

article-1184181-04FD24CE000005DC-93.jpg

There was a case reported on Fox News recently of a woman somewhere in the USA (I don't recall where) who decided to look at all her friends houses on Google Street View.

Was she surprised to find her Husband's car parked up outside her best friends house!! B)

Divorce papers followed. :(:o:D