How to get nuvi to inform me of a cache?

Probably about a month ago, I remember seeing where you can take a nuvi 2xx and above, program it to let you know when you are coming close to a cache. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I have done searches off and on for almost a week now with no luck. I still always have my handheld and my palm with me, but I just don't want to have to keep looking down at the handheld while driving from town to town/ state to state etc while traveling on business or with family.

Basically what I am talking about, Would I need a nuvi that will accept routes from google earth? or will the poi's work?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Brassine Family
Probably about a month ago, I remember seeing where you can take a nuvi 2xx and above, program it to let you know when you are coming close to a cache. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Are you referring to custom POIs and proximity alert? Pilotsnipe's GSAK macro for the Nuvi allows you to do that.

I have done searches off and on for almost a week now with no luck. I still always have my handheld and my palm with me, but I just don't want to have to keep looking down at the handheld while driving from town to town/ state to state etc while traveling on business or with family.

Basically what I am talking about, Would I need a nuvi that will accept routes from google earth? or will the poi's work?

Thanks,

Mike

Check this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=paperless+nuvi

You'll need GSAK, Pilotsnipe's Macro for Nuvis and Poiloader from Garmin. Works great. BTW, Poiloader is what sets the proximity alerts you desire.

Thanks,

Mike

This is probably what you're looking for.

Advanced Nuvi Macro