Can't copy a recently run PQ

pppingme

When trying to copy a recently run PQ, I get this message in red across the top of the PQ list page:

The name "CacheCountLastGenerated" is not permitted in this context. Valid expressions are constants, constant expressions, and (in some contexts) variables. Column names are not permitted.

This doesn't happen if I copy a PQ that has never run or a PQ that hasn't run recently.

The name "CacheCountLastGenerated" is not permitted in this context. Valid expressions are constants, constant expressions, and (in some contexts) variables. Column names are not permitted.

Not in my case. Something changed in the last release that broke this.

PQ last ran 4/20/2009 8:07:18 AM and is not archived/deleted.

I guess everyone probably went home so I'll need to create it from scratch.

[Edited to add:]

I could make a copy of a PQ run 3/8/2009 2:30:27 PM, just as Potato suggests. Of course, that isn't the one I want a copy of.

Edited by beejay&esskay

No, none of the pq's I was trying to copy were archived, all were normal pq's, (not along a route pq's, and nothing real special about them)

In both cases the pq had run within the last week, but I wanted to pull fresher pq's because I knew things in the area changed significantly.

I went back and tried to copy several and none that have run in the past week would copy. The only other pq's I have are either fresh (never run, just there as a template) or were last run in 2008, all of those seem to copy.

One more note, I usually only copy my "template" (never been run) pq's so I don't know that this is a new bug or if its been around.

I do know that in the last "release notes" it was stated

The big project, Pocket Queries, is only half-finished or thereabouts so it didn't make it in this release.

which would infer that it wasn't touched with today's release.

No, none of the pq's I was trying to copy were archived, all were normal pq's, (not along a route pq's, and nothing real special about them)

In both cases the pq had run within the last week, but I wanted to pull fresher pq's because I knew things in the area changed significantly.

I went back and tried to copy several and none that have run in the past week would copy. The only other pq's I have are either fresh (never run, just there as a template) or were last run in 2008, all of those seem to copy.

I get the same message for my PQ that runs on Sunday. I can't copy it. Could be a bug or could be WAD to keep people from running the same thing over and over.

Why not just reschedule the original one to run again? The PQ generator seems to be running really fast lately and you should have no problem getting it again this week.

Why not just reschedule the original one to run again? The PQ generator seems to be running really fast lately and you should have no problem getting it again this week.

Because PQ's that have run recently don't always generate right away, and being close to midnight I didn't want to chance it not running or chance it lapping.

Plus I wanted them right away.

Edited by Potato Finder

And, for me, I wanted to run 2 copies of a PQ with different "placed dates".

But thanks for the suggestion.

I guess my experience is different. Late in the day like this, the chances are good that all of the previously scheduled PQs have already run, so if I schedule another one for "today" it will run pretty much instantly, even if previously run yesterday.

And by the way, we still have 2.5 hours left for "today."

When it's really close to midnight, I'll just schedule it for both today and tomorrow and will get it one way or another.

Edited by Lil Devil

Yep. I'm getting this one too.

Me three.. :)

Yep same error with us...we usually copy and run our "Home" Query" with modifications for the day...been doing it for a couple of years...something changed!

Yep. I'm getting this one too.

I know that I copied several PQs yesterday, but during mid-afternoon I noticed the Geocaching.com site was unavailable with a front page indicating maintenance was under way. I noticed a problem with the PQ copy function early on Tuesday evening, after the site became available. I am still having the problem this morning (Wednesday) as of 0823hrs Central.