"Adjust zoom level...."

TripCyclone

I have noticed a problem with how the site works with Google Maps when you are on the Geocaching Maps page. I use Firefox, and when I have that page open and there are either no caches visible or too many caches to display on the map, a red bar pops up with the message "Adjust your zoom level to view caches." However, when this message is visible it also covers up sections of the Map, Satellite, & Terrain buttons. By doing this, it reduces the clickable area of those buttons:

zoom.jpg

Has anyone noticed this with any other browsers?

Can this be something to look at for the next site update? I frequently use the maps and often find myself switching not only between zoom levels but also between map and satellite mode, therefore I have to deal with this problem often. I would love to see this fixed just to ease use of the maps.

I have noticed a problem with how the site works with Google Maps when you are on the Geocaching Maps page. I use Firefox, and when I have that page open and there are either no caches visible or too many caches to display on the map, a red bar pops up with the message "Adjust your zoom level to view caches." However, when this message is visible it also covers up sections of the Map, Satellite, & Terrain buttons. By doing this, it reduces the clickable area of those buttons:

zoom.jpg

Can this be something to look at for the next site update? I frequently use the maps and often find myself switching not only between zoom levels but also between map and satellite mode, therefore I have to deal with this problem often. I would love to see this fixed just to ease use of the maps.

ummmmm - clicking any of those buttons will not make it show any caches........and zdjusting the map to show caches makes the message go away - so what is the issue?? :laughing:

I don't think it has anything to do with the used browser... more with the browser width or screen width. I have a relatively small screen (old laptop) but the "red bar" still covers up less than it does in your screenshot. Do you have a particularly small screen, or is your browser not "maximized" to screen size?

You could also increase the map width by "hiding" the map controls on the right side (as at this moment there are no caches in your view, you probably don't need the controls anyway...) by clicking on the vertical button with a small arrow on it which shows at the bottom right of the map (just left of where the list of caches would be displayed).

ummmmm - clicking any of those buttons will not make it show any caches........and zdjusting the map to show caches makes the message go away - so what is the issue?? :)

That would make sense to do. However, I do run into times where I am zoomed in to look at a spot and need to switch between map and satellite to see what the surrounding area looks like. For instance, I may be looking at some areas to possibly place caches, or I am planning a hiking/driving route and need to switch between map and either satellite or terrain. This little red bar affects that.

I don't think it has anything to do with the used browser... more with the browser width or screen width. I have a relatively small screen (old laptop) but the "red bar" still covers up less than it does in your screenshot. Do you have a particularly small screen, or is your browser not "maximized" to screen size?

You could also increase the map width by "hiding" the map controls on the right side (as at this moment there are no caches in your view, you probably don't need the controls anyway...) by clicking on the vertical button with a small arrow on it which shows at the bottom right of the map (just left of where the list of caches would be displayed).

My screen size is maximized. With regards to hiding the map controls, I've done that and while it uncovers some of the buttons, the "Map" button is still covered for the most part.

It may seem like a minor issue, but I'm just mentioning it because IF it is something that can be adjusted, movement of that bar either above the map or to the bottom of the map at least would prevent clickable buttons from being affected.