Date Cache?

I'm sure this idea isn't a new one, but I have never seen them. I just put out a first cache in a series of caches I am calling "Date Caches". Meaning, it takes you to a spot that is good to bring your significant other and just relax for a while.

My first one is a place to watch the sun go down, in a little park off the beaten path. It has some other caches in the park and picnic tables and grills.

what I am asking is do you guys think of this as a good idea?

My personal criteria are;

-at lest one or two other caches in the area that don't involve driving to get to.

-a good date place to be. I.E. a park, outside an aquarium, on the banks of a good creek, ect

-a nice place to get a meal either right there or close by

This is something that I think really would add to the game in my area, but I have been wrong before. Before I go out and place more of these I was wanting to bounce the idea off of the peanut gallery

I love this idea. The only downside I could see is that most date locations are very high muggle potential. Well, that is, if you are thinking about the lookout sunset idea, or secluded picnic spots. As a single guy, many of my dates involve introducing others to the wonderful world of geocaching. Some caches at favourite haunts could be on the plus side. :laughing:

I love this idea. The only downside I could see is that most date locations are very high muggle potential. Well, that is, if you are thinking about the lookout sunset idea, or secluded picnic spots. As a single guy, many of my dates involve introducing others to the wonderful world of geocaching. Some caches at favourite haunts could be on the plus side. :laughing:

I never thought aobut caching as a first or second date. thats a new thought in this whole thing. I was thinking for people who cache with their husband/wife or girlsfriends/boyfriends.

Any other thoughts on this?

I'm sure this idea isn't a new one, but I have never seen them. I just put out a first cache in a series of caches I am calling "Date Caches". Meaning, it takes you to a spot that is good to bring your significant other and just relax for a while.

My first one is a place to watch the sun go down, in a little park off the beaten path. It has some other caches in the park and picnic tables and grills.

-at lest one or two other caches in the area that don't involve driving to get to.

-a good date place to be. I.E. a park, outside an aquarium, on the banks of a good creek, ect

This is something that I think really would add to the game in my area, but I have been wrong before. Before I go out and place more of these I was wanting to bounce the idea off of the peanut gallery

Another problem is other cachers might crash your date...Geocaching is fun no matter who you are with. If your significant other is along, all the better.

StaticTank

When my sister was visiting Oregon once, I took her to bunch of caches around Portland's Washington Park. I didn't know it at the time, but Proposals kind of meets your criteria. My sister went back to Minnesota and "proposed" to her boy friend and they got married. (cue violins and don't gag)

That describes about 90 percent of the caches in this area. Never thought to give them a special designation like "date cache".

I never thought aobut caching as a first or second date. thats a new thought in this whole thing. I was thinking for people who cache with their husband/wife or girlsfriends/boyfriends.

Any other thoughts on this?

I think this is a great idea.

A date series would be great. I might use your idea myself. (I live very far from you)

I've been caching with my other half for months now. Caching has actually helped keep us together because when we fight we have a safe ground for something to discuss to get us talking again. Our first words after a fight generally are: "hey there's a new cache in the area" or "got a good laugh off of this on the forums" etc.

Would be great to have somewhere in particular to actually go to when we are making up.

Just as long as it's not a really hard micro that would make someone mad!!!

When my sister was visiting Oregon once, I took her to bunch of caches around Portland's Washington Park. I didn't know it at the time, but Proposals kind of meets your criteria. My sister went back to Minnesota and "proposed" to her boy friend and they got married. (cue violins and don't gag)

I also have found a couple of caches that were placed at the location where the cache owner proposed. One of them had an ALR which just asked list your wedding anniversary date. Obviously the ALR was note mandatory. Mine is 9/11, which makes it kinda hard to forget. The cache also had a bunch of dime store rings as swag items.