Single woman (60 yr) wanting someone to cache with

Hi there fellow cachers,

myself and my family (husband and daughter) are very much into caching and have introduced my mum to it. Problem is she is on her own and is semi retired and has lots of time on her hands and would love someone/a group of others - woman/man to enjoy walks and the hunt of the cache with. Can anyone please help me - she is a member on the site but has yet to have her first find. :unsure:

She is in Chesterfield x

Edited by the family bu

Too far from me too.

I suggest that your mum keeps a look-out for any geocaching events that get listed in her area. (They will be listed in the weekly notification email, or you can do a search for them, just like for any other cache type.) They are good fun and an excellent way to meet other geocachers in the locality.

Hopefully someone a bit more local to your mum will drop by soon.

MrsB :)

I've been racking my brains as to who I know in the area, and the nearest people I know are in Rotherham!!

It might be worth looking at who owns the caches nearest your mum and contacting them directly too - I'm sure nobody would mind showing her the ropes... I've done it several times!